June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

Gaming

25 Dec 2022 18:04 #43534 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
If I had access to the creation kit... :shakefist:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Dec 2022 19:17 #43536 by Charlotte
So... I have been trying to get the hang of this, and make up my mind as to how I want things, all day today, while the cats have been trying to jump on my desk or meowing for attention until I feel like screaming.... :dry: They also had a fight on my desk which resulted in blood letting. My blood, of course. :eyeroll:

And with all that, I now have a firepit with no fire and a none functioning cooking pot, "overlaid" with a campfire that is actually burning and a cooking pot that can actually be used... Not extremely pretty, I have to say, but I guess it does give me a functional kitchen. :dumb: I think I'd better not remove the cooking pot from the main hall fireplace, though, as I had considered doing. In case I want to clean up my "kitchen" and not have it look like something thrown together by .... me.

And no, no luck whatsoever on the carpets.

But I think I have decided to try to place planters in the basement too, and grow mushrooms down there. I already have crafting stuff outside so I don't know why I should put it in the basement as well? :dry:

25 Dec 2022 19:17 #43537 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Creation Kit is scary. :eek:

But I managed to open up the Jarl's place in Falkreath and zoomed in on a rug...

There are some ID codes for this and other rugs in the bottom window but when I type them in to those websites that list all the item IDs they don't show up there. :hmm:

I don't know what it all means. :dry:
Attachments:

25 Dec 2022 19:28 #43538 by Valence
And I just launched my Epic thing and claimed the game with my first attempt. :dumb:
It's showing as the base game for me but with 2 extra DLCs.

25 Dec 2022 19:29 - 25 Dec 2022 19:37 #43539 by Charlotte
And of course you cannot use the console planters, just like you can't use the fireplaces/firepits and bookshelves :eek:

But you CAN place active soil on the floor... :dry:
Edit - but it doesn't behave like it should....

25 Dec 2022 19:30 - 25 Dec 2022 19:33 #43540 by Charlotte
I think it means I need glasses.

Wait.

I have glasses.

I need better glasses. :dumb:

Edit: after magnifying the image to 175% and trying a couple of the codes it seems they do not work... :dry: 

25 Dec 2022 19:43 #43541 by Valence
Just had a look in Dragonsreach and the longer "carpets" are still rugs but separated into middle and end bits...

They're categorised as "Statics" rather than the "Clutter" that other things are called so maybe that's why they're not accessible.

Anyway I'm off to actually play something now. :)
Attachments:

25 Dec 2022 19:59 #43542 by Charlotte
I dunno. It seems to me that every item in the game should have an ID inside the game thingymagickies. :pout:

25 Dec 2022 20:00 - 25 Dec 2022 20:07 #43543 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Now it works and says nothing about the director's cut at all  Shenanigans have occurred.

EDIT - 67 gigglebits 

25 Dec 2022 20:44 - 25 Dec 2022 20:45 #43544 by Valence
Trouble in Riverwood!

Annoyingly I did a quicksave just as the Elder Dragon started swooping overhead so I'm stuck with this fight for now. And I don't have Brelyna and her nuclear fireballs with me. :cry:
Ria is still questionable in a fight and don't get me started on the skills of Max Von Sydow! :shakefist:
Meanwhile the locals keep getting slaughtered. Poor Alvor died the first time, then Faendal got cooked and it's hard to keep everyone alive when I'm struggling to keep myself alive. Shoot it!

Finally on one occasion I shot it enough to make it land and rushed in with my Ebony Blade to finish and when its health was down to a few pixels it monched down on my head! :dead:

I'm going back in now. :pirate:
Attachments: