June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

Gaming

24 Dec 2022 18:07 #43508 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yep, it was one of the Metros today on Epic.
But tomorrow? :hmm:
People are suggesting that it's gonna be Death Stranding! :ohmy:
My PC can't really run that but even so... :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Dec 2022 19:26 #43509 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I don't even know what that is....

and...Damn you, Meridia! :shakefist: I wasn't done looting all those corpses!!! :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Dec 2022 19:41 #43510 by Valence
Are you at the statue?
The Steed Stone isn't far from there. :dry:

24 Dec 2022 20:14 - 24 Dec 2022 20:16 #43513 by Charlotte
"The" statue? There are lots of statues in Skyrim, but if you mean did I deliver the over sized golf ball, then yes.

Edit: and I am over encumbered and need to get to Solitude. But even after I get rid of the loot I don't free much space... I think I'm carrying too many potions. :dumb: 

24 Dec 2022 20:16 - 24 Dec 2022 20:57 #43514 by Valence
Yes. The.
Keep going north and then boost that carry weight. :)

EDIT: Just been cleaning up some spy missions in the secret time travel bit of AC Syndicate with a different kind of Lydia but I just can not get that final glitch beneath Tower Bridge. Every angle I jump from leads me to miss it by a tiny fraction. It's super frustrating but I'll leave it for now and return to the normal part of London to do some Evie missions instead. :aha:

24 Dec 2022 21:23 #43515 by Charlotte
*read Elvis missions*
:dumb:

I'm almost done building my house :)
Lydia wants to be steward but then I don't know whom to have for a companion... :hmm:
And if I do make her steward I think I need to remember to take all items off of her first.

24 Dec 2022 22:01 #43516 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
Skeevers in my basement! :shakefist:

I am done with my house, except furnishing it.
I have two fireplaces (oops - one small firepit and one larger fireplace) and a dining table, other than that I have only done the planters in the greenhouse. And planted two junipers. I was hoping to plant nirnroot but apparently that's not possible... :dry:

Still need to find more straw. It's one item I never realised the use of and therefor never collected beforehand...

24 Dec 2022 23:41 - 25 Dec 2022 11:17 #43518 by Charlotte
Val probably already knows all about this, but here's a way to customize your home a bit, without mods, from what I can tell... (Basically using console commands to place items - or remove them)

eldersouls.com/topic/5780-how-to-furnish...-with-console-codes/

Edit: And when I tried planting some lavender it ended up sideways :dumb:

I also did that silly alt+tab while reloading so I ended up with a black screen and decided to call it all a night. 
Luckily my browser reopened all my tabs, now, because I am looking into what I need to do to make mods work in Subnautica again - after their latest update the modders have moved from Qmodmanager to "BepinEx", and to "uninstall" QMM I should delete the BepinEx folder? :? And what of all other files called something with Qmod? :hmm: 

Not sure if I'll bother though as only one of my fav mods has been updated to work now. 

Edit 2: And of course I did the same thing all over again :facepalm: (alt+tabbing that is)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

25 Dec 2022 12:50 - 25 Dec 2022 12:55 #43519 by Valence

Val probably already knows all about this...

I did not know any of this. :woohoo:
I shall experiment the next time I get home. :)

And that reminds me, the other day I noticed a rather nice statue of Dibella in the Bee And Barb that I was planning on stealing for my shelves. :evil:

Edit: Correction. I've just googled and it's at Haelga's place not the Bee And Barb. Also due to a certain quest it may not be stealable, but I will still try. 

25 Dec 2022 13:27 #43520 by Charlotte
There is a pickupable statue of Dibella in a bandit's lair/cave somewhere, though I forget where... I found it with my other character...

And I have been playing around with console furnishings. I found a page that explains how to move things that end up skewed, too, so, I can now adjust things. Some things. I tried adding a firepit in the room behind the dining room/fireplace/main hall space, and I can't rotate it, I'm afraid. I did manage to add an oven, though, without having the kitchen extension :woohoo:

I'm also thinking of making one of the tower rooms into a bathroom... Or maybe not, since it has the ladder to the roof/balcony. I also don't think there are any bathtub item codes... But I'm thinking I might be able to find a bowl or bucket or something that's suitable shaped and can be scaled up. Maybe... :dry:

I feel like I'm cheating, but at the same time, I do like being able to furnish the place like I want it, instead of having everything in a predetermined spot. (I'm striving to build things through the house building menu when I can and just replacing things I don't actually want with things I can't get otherwise.)