June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

Gaming

22 Dec 2022 18:44 #43476 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Very. Old. Fallout Games. :lol:

It's good fun looking at the required specs for those games. 16MB! :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2022 18:57 #43477 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I expected Fallout, I didn't expect multiple Fallouts 

22 Dec 2022 19:43 #43478 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well, that was an interesting cave. I think I picked somewhere near 30 kilos of mushrooms... :dry:
I also think I found a quest item I have not yet been asked to find, but I did not find what I was looking for. I knew that before I went into the cave, though, as I had found THAT previously, before I had to replay a week...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Dec 2022 15:56 #43483 by Banj
Lydia decided to stand on a rock over a cliff and view the landscape for some reason. She liked it so much she stayed there for several days while I went off adventuring. Eventually I returned  to see if she had tired of the view. It seems she hadn't and so I decided it was time as her Thane, to take control of the situation and slowly try and push her off the edge and hopefully get her to follow me again. Slowly. After a very very long period of slowly pushing her down the cliffside, I went back to retrieve Horse, who had been a faithful psychopath, as we had reached a point at which it was extremely difficult for me to get back to him without taking the extremely long intended route. Lydia would be freed with both our efforts, I was certain of it.

Moments later Horse and I plummeted to our deaths, as Lydia watched like a dumb helpless idiot. I ended up looking up a console command to get her to teleport to me and fix her 

After many more adventures we returned together to my newly decorated house (which, by pure fluke, happened to be next to the barrel I had been storing all my loot in). My wonderful selective cupboards that only accept certain things.

Bjorn sat and wondered at the fate of his daughter Yrsa back in Valheim where he had once roamed, curious to know if she had finally found a decent bit of swamp land yet.
Attachments:

23 Dec 2022 16:24 #43484 by Valence

My wonderful selective cupboards that only accept certain things.

Is that a common thing? :hmm:
I know that book shelves and weapon racks only take those items but all other things seem to accept all that I throw inside. Maybe I'm just storing the wrong things. :dumb:
Then again I do often ignore the cupboards in favour of trying to manually place my favourite items on the shelves by the door. The ancient traveller's skull is there now. :aha:

Are you playing the GoG or Steam version? If it's the latter then you should know that you can also get the standalone version Enderal too. I think you can still play it with GoG but you have to install it as a mod which can be a bit tricky.

23 Dec 2022 16:25 #43485 by Charlotte
I sent Lydia home the other day, because I needed to have someone else follow me, and then I wasn't sure whether she'd be in my house or Dragonsreach. I went home first, but she wasn't there, not downstairs and not in her own room, so I went to Dragonsreach but she wasn't there either. I started to feel worried (not to mention dumb, as when I did some cooking, I could swear I heard her sigh behind me and I was thinking, had that been ME sighing, all this time???) and then I went to bed in the hope that she'd return the next day. And she did. In fact I think she'd been there all along. In MY room, at the small table in the corner. Watching me sleep. Freak. :eek:

23 Dec 2022 16:26 #43486 by Charlotte
Enderal? :dumb:

23 Dec 2022 16:30 #43487 by Banj

Are you playing the GoG or Steam version? 

GoG. Maybe it's just the same thing that happens with traders where sometimes I select the Misc category in my inventory and it just quits out of the menu   

23 Dec 2022 17:28 #43488 by Charlotte
It quits out of the menu when you click "outside" that word's touchy feely area, I think. It does that to me, all the time and all categories. It also selects completely different dialogue options than the one I'm trying to choose, sometimes. I always get very nervous when I want to open Lydia's inventory and she suddenly says "OK, fine, I'll just go home then". And when I found her in my bedroom the other day, I tried to tell her to follow me and it took four tries. Three times she explained to me what it meant, me being a thane :facepalm:

Not sure if these are general issues or GoG issues...

23 Dec 2022 17:54 #43489 by Valence
I have the SkyUI mod so all of that is different for me. :dry:

Enderal? :dumb:

It's a massive mod that's a completely different game but on Steam you get to download and install it as a separate thing from your normal Skyrim. I'm not quite sure how the modded version exists alongside the Skyrim installation or if it interferes with it in any way.
I have it and it's pretty damn good to say it's a free thing made by a small number of people.

And speaking of free things it looks like tomorrow's Epic will be one of the Metro games. I think I have all of those scattered across various launchers. :S