June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

Gaming

26 Jun 2024 08:23 #50792 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2024 22:50 #50802 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
"So, Deputy, what did you make of these men you hunted down?"

Well, Marshall, I made them into corpses. :lol:

*Sam disliked that* :eyeroll:
I was being funny. Can't you just play along. :shakefist:
And what's the point of having a deputy badge if you can't actually wear it? :pout:

I also thought I was gonna be able to steal that ship from those guys but the hatch was... inaccessible. :shrug:
Attachments:

27 Jun 2024 11:31 #50803 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I did that questline a couple of nights ago, and also tried to get on that ship. Not that I care about that ship now  So far, that questline and the Crimson Pirates have not been too bad. It's a shame that the space exploration game is mostly at it's best when doing anything other than space exploration.

27 Jun 2024 11:48 #50804 by Valence
...and I'm getting fed up of landmines. I just cannot see them at all, even with the scanner. I only know about them when the little red thing flashes and it's too late to get out of range.
BOOOOM!
They don't quite kill me but each one requires me to use yet another med pack which is another 500 credits to replace when I get back to a medical centre. :pout:

27 Jun 2024 11:51 #50805 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
 buying medkits?! 

27 Jun 2024 13:53 #50807 by Valence
I seem to need much more than I can loot. :shrug:

27 Jun 2024 20:22 #50811 by Valence
The second Plague Tale game is a bit more violent that the first. As well as the old stone throwing trick there's now blocking and counter attacks and some vicious stabbing. :pirate:
In fact, just watch this as I sneak up on this guy and stab him to death... :evil:

Hmm. Why isn't it working? :hmm:
Oh, wait- I don't have a knife anymore. :dumb:
And now he's seen me.
:dead:

Did I leave the knife in the body of the last stabby guy? Maybe you can only use them once. :shrug:
I'd better try and sneak past this guy for now.

Oh, and...

Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:

28 Jun 2024 12:39 #50818 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I just got this week's epic freebie, Trains in Space! Choo Choo!

* Actually the name was something else, which I have already forgotten... :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 Jun 2024 19:58 - 28 Jun 2024 22:40 #50822 by Valence
Maybe I've played too many sneaky games but I always get a little suspicious when I walk into a new area that has lots of lovely long grass. :paranoid:

I bet I'm gonna be hiding in that in a few minutes. :aha:

EDIT: And instead of just switching straight over to Starfield I thought I'd try out a couple of other Gamepass thingies. First I had a little shooty session in Gears 5. Well, I first had to sit through a few cutscenes that explained, "previously on Gears" and also had to play through a training session. But it was interesting enough, in a shooty way, although there was a brief moment when I mistakenly thought I was gonna have to invite other players to join in. :argh:
I then tried to have a go on Valheim but after creating a rather ugly-looking character the thing just crashed on me. :dry:

EDIT 2: And I've just been having a look at Steam's summer sale after forgetting about it the other day. :)
Shadow Of War is less than two coins. :ohmy: But I haven't played through Shadow Of Mordor yet. :P
But I'm intrigued and tempted by a cheap Disco Elysium. Everyone raves about that but I just can't work out what kind of game it is even when I watch videos of it. :hmm:
Attachments:

29 Jun 2024 23:56 - 29 Jun 2024 23:58 #50832 by Valence
I have found a stealthy woman in Starfield. :cheer:
And she's my follower for a bit. :woohoo:
But Sarah is still tagging along as well. :dry:

So far my experience with a sneaky companion is ... mixed.
Yay: they don't get spotted by the baddies. :thumbup:
But Boo: when she goes all chameleon on me I don't know where the hell she is. :S
And her weapon has a laser sight that makes me think the baddies are aiming at me.

Also when we first met she said, "This isn't the time for talk. Let's just stick to the mission." Which is good for me. No pointless chat, let's get straight into the action. Unfortunately these instructions didn't seem to matter to Sarah because she's constantly talking with her while I'm trying to get on with the job! :shakefist:
To make matters worse, when they're chatting they just stand around instead of following me so I have to wait for them to finish the conversation. :rage:
And to make matters even worse again, they insist on repeating the same two conversations over and over again!! 

Look, we're supposed to be going up there to the left. Will you please shut up about how you feel a bit isolated and then please stop talking about what people say after they sneeze because I'm really not interested now that I've already heard it seven times and I'd really like for you to come with me and back me up in the inevitable fight that's just around the corner!
Attachments: