June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

Gaming

23 Jun 2024 12:00 #50747 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
So you can have/need a food crafting station but you can't put it "in the kitchen"? That doesn't sound very well thought through...

I've been placing idle markers today. But I want more idles. I know there are animations for more stuff.... I wonder :hmm: Then again I don't know what's in the actual existing idles :dumb: Maybe they contain the stuff I'd like to add....

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2024 12:12 #50748 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
You can have but don't need. It's like Skyrim where there's so much stuff laying around everywhere that you never really need to actually craft anything. It's also like how decorating a house in Skyrim dumps a load of preset stuff in a room without any way to place things yourself (outside of console commands and editors). And "not very well thought through" is kind of the running theme through the whole game. 

23 Jun 2024 23:49 - 24 Jun 2024 13:45 #50749 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Speaking of things being like Skyrim... remember that time I spent trying to manhandle the dead Orc Ghunzul until his body sat in a chair? :hmm:

Well, time for the toughest Starfield quest so far:  getting Galacticat to sit "comfortably" on the bed! :pirate:
Get out of the way, kid. I'm trying to do something really important with the cat toy. :eyeroll:

*time passes* :dry:

You see you have to pick him up by his head so that the body and limbs dangle down and then if he flops the wrong way, it's best to grab the foot and then drag it and-
Dammit, I clicked the button instead of holding it and he's gone back in the inventory again! :shakefist:
*drops cat on floor again*
Now come on! Concentrate! :stare:

*more time passes*

Success! :cheer:

Now is it gonna stay there or will it be like that Dibella statue that flies around everywhere? :unsure:

Warning: Spoiler!

Attachments:

24 Jun 2024 12:28 #50750 by Banj
Oh god, you have soap opera Sam on board

24 Jun 2024 13:03 #50751 by Charlotte
:blink:

24 Jun 2024 13:36 #50752 by Banj
As far as Sam is concerned, he annoyed me so much I went back to dragging Sarah around again 

I think most of the NPCs in Starfield are generally unlikeable idiots. They are prone to fallacious reasoning, frequently contradict their previously established character motivations and statements, and often get stuck running into walls. 
I also had the cat plush and sold it 

24 Jun 2024 13:50 #50753 by Valence
Sam is certainly not sneaky. :facepalm:

I find the whole crew/recruitment thing a bit confusing. This ship can apparently only have a crew of two but there are five of us walking around in there at the moment. :dunno:
And I've recruited three others that are still "unassigned" so I don't even know where they are or what I'm supposed to do with them.
Is there a limit to the number of people you can recruit or do I just try to cram everyone I meet in the cargo hold? :dry:

24 Jun 2024 13:54 - 24 Jun 2024 13:57 #50754 by Banj
I think the idea is that you are meant to build outposts to mine resources and assign people to work them. Don't really know about the ship crew thing as I'm basically doing everything myself, but I think crew members may add certain passive buffs to things like repairs and weapon damage etc. depending on their specific skills.

EDIT - I think the number of crew allowed for the ship defines how many crew you can assign to that ship... maybe 

24 Jun 2024 13:57 #50755 by Charlotte
They're taking advantage of you Val. Freeloaders, the lot of them! :confident:

24 Jun 2024 14:45 #50756 by Valence
:ohmy:
I'll shove them out of the airlock. :stare:
Starting with the kid. :evil:

But Galacticat stays. :aha: