April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

28 Nov 2020 12:47 #32472 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Still not very successful in space. :dry:

Due to my complete lack of confidence I'm still at that first station trying to get better with the training missions, but the combat ones continue to frustrate. The shieldy person keeps on killing me. :pout:
I shoot and shoot and shoot at that little target, using the right weapons in the right order, but very little happens to him. I wonder if I'm too far away. :hmm:
Yet that doesn't seem to affect his aiming.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Nov 2020 16:37 #32476 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Meanwhile. I'm on my third ship, now with loads of cargo space and engines and stuff. I have travelled bazillions of light years and almost burned to death many many times, occasionally getting stuck to planets, and getting booted out of the game on both evenings that I played it.

28 Nov 2020 16:58 #32478 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
And I reverted to Banished which seems considerably easier. Except I now can't produce as much firewood and tools as those little fellas running around on the screen needs. And I've had a few deaths but so far they've been due to accidents and child birth, so nothing I need to take credit for... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 Nov 2020 21:22 #32485 by Valence
Big Skyrim fights always seem to take place in cinematic dungeons.

Heeey, this looks like a nice place. :)
Uh-oh. :dry: :S

Actually it wasn't as difficult as Sigdis. But I can now shout "FO" should I want to.
Attachments:

28 Nov 2020 22:00 - 28 Nov 2020 22:00 #32486 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
Got my new pc all set up and looking kinda splendid ( it’s a big step up for me from a corner of our dining room that’s full of printers, heat presses and stock for my wife’s business).
While I’m enjoying GW2 I have succumbed to my alt-isis and have now played every race and profession up to level 10.
I’ve now settled on a Charr Necromancer and a Norn Guardian. Still only level 18 on both.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

28 Nov 2020 22:39 #32487 by Valence
Wow, that's a hefty chunk of raw power! :woohoo:
Looks pretty cool too.

Does it warm the room as well? ;)

I think my GW characters are only about 20ish so you're progressing quicker than me.
I think everyone progresses quicker than me. :dry:

After tonight I have levelled up to 30 in Skyrim with about ...erm... 200+ hours of total play. :blush:
Well, I'll just go off again and aimlessly explore in a non-levelling way. :lol:

29 Nov 2020 00:57 #32488 by Atto
Ha ha! I normally level pretty slowly too. On DDO it was quite well known that most players would get in about 3 lives for my one. So I’d group with them at about level 5 again at level 12 (while they’d been all the way to 20 and back up again) and again at level 18 or so ( at which point they were effective level 58) I’m sure my progress will slow down soon especially as I’ve become disillusioned with being the good guy again and am about to reroll by guardian into something else.

29 Nov 2020 04:08 #32489 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well, levelling up t0 10 in GW2 is fairly easy - although it would usually take a full day of gaming for me, so going through all races and professions in the time you've had is impressive.

I have a Norn guardian too and quite like her but my fav is my Norn ranger. I do prefer characters that work well in solo play - and guardians are one of those "healing the team" kind of characters. Though unlike many other RPGs/MMOs they can also deal a decent amount of damage. And among my "magic users" I think I like my elementalists the best, though mesmers can apparently be quite powerful and useful if you play them right. I guess I don't...:dry:

Oh and remember to try several types of weapons for each profession, too :P I like longbows and pistols, mostly, but staves and greatswords are good too. My guardian tends to wield a wand. (Makes for many quick successive attacks - suits players like me and Val who mostly spam the attack number keys.)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Nov 2020 12:36 #32490 by Valence

...players like me and Val who mostly spam the attack number keys.

Big Bash! :pirate:

29 Nov 2020 12:49 #32491 by Atto
My first two characters on nearly every RPG I play are rangers and paladins. I understand the ranger in GW2 is a bit of a glass cannon but most reviews I’ve read are suggesting them as your first lvl 80 build. I’m just jumping in at the deep end now with an engineer. Apparently they have a very complex attack rotation but I like a challenge. I always enjoyed mid range bounty hunters in SWTOR so I think they’ll be kind of similar. I see a lot of similarities between GW2 and SWTOR. Sometimes I struggle to remember which I’m playing in the early story modes.
Any who I’ve got a wall to build and two commissions to get completed before I go back to work on the 9th so I may not able to get a whole heap done on there for the next week.