May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

15 Dec 2020 12:49 #32680 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I downloaded another "city/village" building game last night. It's a wild west theme (called Homestead), and the English is mostly good but sometimes I wonder... Is bean porridge really a thing? It LOOKS like baked beans? I think.... :dry: Oh, and fences are called hedges...

(Before this I tried one called North Farm but the language was horribly bad - luckily most of the talking was over and done with right at the start. But then there were items you couldn't use or make anything from, and other items wanted that you couldn't produce at all. I think it was in development, but it really needed more work. And I think I basically had unlocked all items and "workshops" in a couple of days, leaving very little incentive to keep playing.)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2020 22:06 #32692 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Is bean porridge really a thing?

Apparently so, says Google. YouTube even wanted to show me a recipe. But I'll pass on that and have some chocolate. :lol:

15 Dec 2020 23:22 - 16 Dec 2020 02:12 #32693 by Valence
As well as the imminent Epic givaway, Ubisoft are also having a daily freebie thing with their Happy Holidays gifts.
Today's is/was a free copy of the game Starlink, I'll try and grab it before I go to bed if it's still available.
It might be worthwhile keeping a daily eye out on their site if you can put up with their occasional login glitches. ;)

16 Dec 2020 20:11 - 16 Dec 2020 20:37 #32703 by Charlotte
Thank you Merlin for erasing my message... :dry:
(We got a new shipment of food and treats today - he's now looking for treats everywhere)

Anyway, I got a GOG email about sales and special discounts (I do hate how you get to a page with the discount code but no info on the game, then there's a captcha, then there's a game or two, and you have to google them to know what they are...) and I remembered the Epic thingy (which I keep forgetting) but apparently there are still about 20 hours left... (TLDR: No new games for me)

Edit - looked through some of the games on sale (too. many. pages. :blink) and added Planet Nomads to my wishlist.

17 Dec 2020 12:32 #32706 by Valence
A dubious looking "leaked" list of the Epic games has been all over the internet recently and the first one on that was Dying Light. So if that matches up later today then maybe it won't be dubious after all. :P

17 Dec 2020 13:18 #32708 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Well, there's maybe 3 games on there I have any interest in that I don't already have. Fingers crossed. There's always time for them to completely change their minds again :paranoid:

17 Dec 2020 14:42 #32713 by Valence
I have mixed feelings about that list as there are some great titles on there (Horizon Zero Dawn! :ohmy:) but sadly I can't run/play most of them.
I have been hoping for A Plague Tale: Innocence to be there but I guess we'll see. :shrug:

17 Dec 2020 16:29 #32720 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Today's Epic freebie is... Cities: Skylines.

17 Dec 2020 16:51 #32721 by Charlotte
I got it (Not sure it's my kind of builder but hey, it's free) and something about a coupon swished by. I think they gave me money to buy more games for? But I'm not sure if there's anywhere I can find info on said coupon without spending it... :dry:

17 Dec 2020 17:16 #32722 by Valence
*deletes fake leaked list*