April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

14 Apr 2020 19:09 #28673 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I think it's a shame that you cant at least salvage some materials and maybe cargo if you smash one of your vehicles... Sometimes they seem to smash rather easily, too. At least the seatruck thingy in SubZero.

Personally I still don't have my computer set up and no internet except on my phone so I have been playing mobile games. Three, since all pf them have features that stop you playing. (running out of funds, workers or things to do in general....)

Also I miss Netflix.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2020 19:53 #28674 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Also I miss Netflix.

:argh: How are you surviving? :lol:

When is your internet due to arrive?

Meanwhile I've just been playing Inside and spent far too long trying to lift up a trapdoor while I was actually stood on it. :facepalm: :dumb:

15 Apr 2020 15:05 #28678 by Charlotte

Meanwhile I've just been playing Inside and spent far too long trying to lift up a trapdoor while I was actually stood on it. :facepalm: :dumb:

:D

I should get internet back on friday if all goes well...

15 Apr 2020 20:11 - 16 Apr 2020 01:31 #28680 by Valence
Friday! :excited:

I've just spent 90 minutes downloading/installing Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments, which has been an Epic Freebie this week.
I quite like a bit of Sherlock and was eager to say "Indubitably" so I clicked Launch and.... got a graphics card error. :eyeroll:

Much googling ensued followed by some typing of launch codes and... nothing.
Unless I can find a quick workaround I will no doubt remove it. Indubitably. :confident:
At least it was free. :dry:

16 Apr 2020 01:31 #28681 by Valence
...and after a bit more fiddling with launch commands...
The game's afoot!

Indubitably.

And I'm stuck already. :dumb:
Attachments:

17 Apr 2020 18:14 - 17 Apr 2020 18:15 #28696 by Valence
I forgot that Sherlock had a dog! :excited:

And if you want to know how to draw noses for your portraits then Inspector Lestrade is clearly your man. :confident:

But back to the investigation. :dry:
I think it's about time for one of those famous Sherlock disguises.
No, I'm not that famous detective. Of course not! I'm just a simple, common sailor going about his business!

And if you haven't already guessed, I'm rather enjoying this now! :lol:
The loading times are a bit too long but they do give you the option to look over your casebook while you wait, so it really is like you're deducing things while you're travelling. :)
Attachments:

18 Apr 2020 01:38 #28699 by Valence
...and now Geralt (version 3) is getting repeatedly killed by Alghouls.
Again and again.
It's not even a big gang of them, there's only two! :(
I think I'm gonna have to start dodging and blocking instead of my usual charge and Big Bash! :lol:

18 Apr 2020 22:11 #28707 by Valence
Well I completely botched up the end of that case! :blush:

I was almost certain of who the murderer was but I couldn't work out the correct deduction to get their name to appear in the conclusions for the accusation. The other suspects names kept appearing so I just assumed I was wrong and went with someone else. :eyeroll:

The game then gives you the chance to continue without explicitly telling you that you were wrong. So I went back and took the chance to replay the ending and tried another suspect and... :shrug:

Anyway after many miscarriages of justice I eventually worked out how to name MY suspect and the slightly different ending suggests I was "right". Maybe. :unsure:

But now that I understand how the deductions work I shall hopefully do better in the next case. :)

Time to make some hot chocolate and then try and find a movie to watch.

20 Apr 2020 01:39 - 20 Apr 2020 01:40 #28713 by Valence
I finally managed to kill the two Alghouls after much dying/reloading (potions didn't really help either. In the end I had to separate them and take them on one at a time) and I then followed the trail of footsteps to find...
... six drowners!

SIX?!? :rage:
And they're much harder to kill than the Witcher 1 variety.

This is becoming challenging. I may start searching for Easy Mode at this rate.
But not yet.

Numerous deaths later and I did kill them all by doing the separating trick again. I try to shoot just one with the crossbow and then run away in the hope that one (and only one!) will follow me. It's slow going but you eventually get through them.

After that it was a whole gang of those damn squirrels! :giveup:
Thankfully I was helped slightly by the fact that one of the bandits wasn't a very good aim on the crossbow and I got him to accidently hit two of his own men. :lol:

But this is turning into hard work. And I've now encountered that annoying put-away-the-sword-in-the-middle-of-the-battle glitch that Banj mentioned. :shakefist:
Attachments:

20 Apr 2020 11:31 #28714 by Charlotte
The more problems you encounter the more fun the rest of us have, reading about it :P