March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

08 Apr 2020 13:11 #28642 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
He's lucky he found that actually. They do say that forearmed is forewarned :confident:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2020 14:26 #28644 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
:lol:

The weather is very changeable in Witcher 3. It seems to alternate between pitch black storms and bright sunny spells every three minutes! :blink:
Can you please stay clear for a fraction longer so that I can enjoy the draw distance for a moment? :dry:

08 Apr 2020 14:29 #28645 by Banj
Winds howling
Looks like rain
Damn, a storm

08 Apr 2020 15:22 #28646 by Valence
Even though Geralt talks to himself faaar to much, I haven't experienced those quotes yet.
Instead I'm constantly getting the variations of "Woah there, Roach" while trying to get past walls and fences.

09 Apr 2020 01:06 #28649 by Valence
Moooooon. :giggle:

That is all. Nothing more to add. :nope:
Attachments:

09 Apr 2020 20:43 - 09 Apr 2020 20:46 #28655 by Valence
I found some Dwemer ruins in Skyrim recently while on a long trek through the mountains. They looked quite impressive too but I couldn't stop to explore. Instead I had to go release a captive priest from... somewhere. I'm sure I'll come back to the ruins another time.
Anyway I eventually found the priest and let him go although he didn't seem grateful in the slightest. Charming! Don't know why I bother with these people. :shrug:
He's now run back to Markarth and I need to go and meet him there so I started to make my own way back. Found those ruins again but still don't have the time to explore them. Nope, I definitely have to get back to that priest in Markarth. Which direction is it? :hmm:
When you're not on the main path it's still a tough place to get to through the mountains. I then proceeded to get lost before finally finding... those ruins again! Not yet! I'll explore them later. :stare:
I'm going... To Markarth. Over that mountain, through that valley, down the edge of that cliff then round this corner to... those ruins again! :rage:
But I don't want to explore them just yet! :shakefist:

Eventually I broke out of the ruin-finding-loop and then found myself being ambushed by three Thalmor. And they were pretty tough to beat! They don't usually attack when you see them so I was intrigued to find out what was going on. I searched the bodies and found they had orders to kill me because I'd been interfering in their business! :ohmy:

I don't remember interfering. It's true that I don't like the Thalmor and have no wish to help them with their ongoing acts of oppression but I don't recall interfering. Unless. Oh, wait-
Hmm, now that I've typed that, maybe I do recall an old mission to rescue some guy from the Thalmor which may have ended in mass slaughter. :oops:
It's actually where I got my trusty Elven sword. :pirate:
But that was AGES ago. Wow, these Thalmor have good memories for grudges. :lol:

13 Apr 2020 20:00 #28666 by Valence
Apparently, Assassin's Creed 2 is gonna be free to grab tomorrow for any people that can get their Ubisoft account to work. :dry:
It may not be quite as pretty as the recent ones but it's still a damn good game and one of the best in the series. (Haven't played that one for a while but I think I've arrived in Venice if I remember correctly.)

Elsewhere I have eventually finished chapter two of the first Witcher game after successfully having a series of completely absurd conversations with the detective. Now I have a new area to explore and get lost in. :)

14 Apr 2020 13:07 #28670 by Banj
At this rate I'll have collected the complete series of Assassin's Creed for free and still never played any of them. I now have 5 of them in my Uplay account :dry:

14 Apr 2020 14:10 #28671 by Valence
They're all pretty good once you get to grips with the unusual controls.
I've still been playing Syndicate recently and last night was chasing Spring Heeled Jack around London. :)
Was a bit of a challenge cos that quest has a recommended level that's a bit higher than where I am and the GeforceNow one hour clock was counting down quicker than I'd like. :lol:
I was pretty sure that it wasn't gonna save so close to the end of the quest so that final fight was a bit panicky but I managed to beat him with two minutes to spare. *Phew*
Save and Quit!

14 Apr 2020 14:28 #28672 by Banj
I went back to Subnautica last night and started a fresh hardcore game. After spending a while gathering the required materials I finally got to the stage of upgrading my Seamoth with loads of cool gear (depth mod, storage, solar recharger because I haven't got a powercell charger yet), took it out for a spin. It was immediately smashed into a million little pieces by a Leviathan as I was scanning a Cyclops part that I needed. :shakefist: :cry:

He will be avenged :stare: