April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

31 Mar 2020 02:13 - 02 Apr 2020 13:22 #28533 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
...so seeing as I couldn't talk to the missing detective I went and did a bit of another quest and then was immediately harrassed by a small child telling me to go talk to the detective in the place where he just wasn't but apparently he is there now! :eyeroll:
At least some progress will eventually happen.

And with Hellblade no longer an option for me I got my hands on the much cheaper Mad Max and had a bit of a run around...

...and then a bit of a drive too before running out of fuel. Thankfully it wasn't too long a trek to find some more...

And I died my first death in Guild Wars. It wasn't a big beastie or mob of monsters or any kind of fight at all.
Nope. I just fell off a ledge while trying to reach one of those nice "views". :facepalm:

But I got another bag after doing a bit of the story quest! :excited:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Mar 2020 08:17 #28536 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:giggle:
well, that happens to us all. And jumping puzzles... I hate jumping puzzles... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 Mar 2020 14:09 #28537 by Valence
I've yet to experience a jumping puzzle.
Sounds like fun. Maybe. :lol:

31 Mar 2020 18:02 - 31 Mar 2020 18:02 #28540 by Charlotte
Some of those vistas require you to jump around like one of those idiots to get to them...
(and personally I'm very adept at missing my mark and falling down and having to start over....again... and again...)

31 Mar 2020 20:24 #28548 by Valence
Took me six attempts to get Geralt past Granny to talk to Shani. :eyeroll:
Now she says I have to talk to the Gravedigger... who isn't there. Or maybe Vincent... who also isn't there.
Time for some more Witcher Waiting. :)

31 Mar 2020 20:30 #28550 by Charlotte
sometimes you have to do something else before the required people show up... It's not just about waiting :P

02 Apr 2020 01:32 - 02 Apr 2020 13:21 #28570 by Valence
Yes, I know I'm still playing Witcher 1... (I finally got into the cemetery and then realised I didn't actually need to be there. The Gravedigger just wanted some grog before he would help! :eyeroll:) ...but I have now spent all my quarantine coins on number three too. :dumb:

Had to get it before the sale went away and I'm sure I can play both either side of midnight without spoiling anything. :dry:

And Banj wasn't lying, Roach is ... twitchy. :S
Skyrim horses are much more obedient and controllable. :confident:
Attachments:

02 Apr 2020 11:27 #28573 by Valence
Meanwhile in Guild Wars...
Having completed a bit of the Story for my Sylvari character I switched to mess around with the other character. I deleted the pirate-looking girl and tried to create some kind of male magicky person. Annoyingly all the faces seemed very young and all my efforts looked like a very tall child/teen! So I put some long hair on it and then it looked like a woman again. :eyeroll:
So I scrapped that and went for another thief and in my attempts to avoid the "anime girl" I seem to have ended up with Liam Neeson! :blink:

I softened his nose a little more and seemed happy with it until I started playing....

It's hard to believe that's the slimmest build I could pick. I was hoping he'd be a lithe and sneaky pickpocket that blends in with the world but he stands out like a massive chunk of a man. :lol:
Attachments:

02 Apr 2020 11:29 #28574 by Charlotte
lol that's a skinny little norn, by their standards! (meaning he probably stands out all the more!)

But I agree that there's a serious lack of adult to aged faces. Most characters look very young.

02 Apr 2020 13:19 #28576 by Valence
Yep, I think I might be ditching Mr Neeson next time and going back to the human males to try and find someone that looks like they've avoided steriods. :P