March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

05 Apr 2020 13:27 #28617 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
The whole Witcher "potion" thing has kind of passed me by. I think I only have a few health "Swallow" ones and a single "Tawny Owl" and I don't even know what that one does! :P

I have been trying to take on the Echinops one at a time but annoyingly they don't take on me one at a time. As soon as I get close to one they ALL start hitting me with that poison stuff and poor Geralt just stands there grimacing and flopping about in pain as he completely ignores my button bashing. :lol:

I think it's gonna have to be run, hide-behind-tree, run, hide-behind-tree, run, etc.until I'm out of range. And even that's tricky due to the way it limits your movement to certain paths thanks to those lovely invisible barriers and those paths go right next to the angry plants!

But I'm sure I can do it. Run, Geralt, run! :pirate:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2020 13:33 #28619 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
If it's Witcher 3 just spam Quen all fight long (and hope the game doesn't just randomly change the selected spell part way through). Easy win.

05 Apr 2020 14:20 - 05 Apr 2020 14:36 #28620 by Valence
I can't remember if I've even found Quen in Witcher 1. I tend to use Aard for pretty much everything but the plant things only seem to react to Igni.

I've only had a couple of fights so far in Witcher 3 (and I can already see what you meant about sidequests and following footprints) but I've managed to cope with sword only so far. The different controls for the magic is throwing me off a little. I'll have to train myself to get that third finger to hit Q.

Oh, and I'm rubbish at Gwent. I did try to play one game (unlike Fallout's Caravan which I don't understand at all) and got completely trounced. I thought I was winning too! :dunno:

06 Apr 2020 11:28 #28621 by Banj
The combat only gets troublesome in larger groups of enemies when Geralt will choose to ignore the enemy that is right in front of him and instead attack someone several feet away behind him (i.e. not the one you were aiming at), which leaves you open to taking damage which you otherwise would have avoided.

06 Apr 2020 20:01 - 06 Apr 2020 20:03 #28623 by Valence

I can't remember if I've even found Quen in Witcher 1.

I'm a terrible liar or I have a terrible memory. :facepalm:
I DO have the Quen spell after all.
Sadly it didn't help me kill the nasty plants but it did help me escape in a cowardly fashion. :cheer:
I now have to go to a party. :eyeroll:

And just for a bit of a change from all these fantasy RPGs I installed Inside and had a bit of a play. Absolutely lovely to look at, so much atmosphere to the visuals, and the clever way they use the 3D depth makes it even better than Limbo.
But I do have a sneaking feeling that it's gonna be short. That spidey sense is tingling. :S

07 Apr 2020 01:32 #28630 by Valence
Just riding along, trying to do a side quest and I find this on the ground! :blink:

And before you ask, No, I wasn't responsible. I can never do hands anyway. :P
Attachments:

07 Apr 2020 13:36 #28636 by Banj
It was a situation that got out of hand. :confident:

07 Apr 2020 15:54 #28637 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
gotta hand it to you guys, you can be quite p(h)unny.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Apr 2020 16:11 #28640 by Banj
It's all just 'armless fun :whistle:

08 Apr 2020 12:35 #28641 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:giggle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.