May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

11 Feb 2023 21:43 #44384 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Happen to come across a 'Mockumentary' yesterday morning on Netflix, that I ended up watching. Called 'Cunk on Earth' - It was only (5) 30 minute episodes, and I found it pretty entertaining. Had some funny parts and I've always liked the work of the actress, Diane Morgan, from what I've seen her in. She goes about making fun and asking outlandish questions to real historians. Found it worth the watch...

I enjoyed Boardwalk Empire back when it aired originally, but never liked waiting each week for new episodes. Find it nicer when you can run through and binge-watch. Keeps the story continuously and fresh.

Wasn't sure if I would like Lockwood & Co., but had seen the preview enough when searching for stuff to watch to toss it in the queue. But anything fantasy/supernatural/sci-fi-ish, I will normally at least check it out. - Never know what could be good or bad, even after seeing the preview. (But I do find, on some at least, that when the main cast is a group of youngsters, that hit or miss can be quite 'up in the air'.)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2023 00:15 #44388 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I am now watching Glass Onion. :stare:

12 Feb 2023 03:58 #44389 by Digital Dave
Yeah, have Glass Onion in the queue as well, but haven't had a desire to watch it just yet. Can't really say why though? ... Let me know if it's any good.

Just finished the first season of True Detective, and learned the main characters change in the next season. But to be honest, I'm not a big fan of Collin Farrell or Vince Vaughn, especially the second one. So not too sure just how much I might like the remaining seasons. (And apparently, I only watched the first half of season one back in the day. Probably due to waiting for episodes weekly. So it was nice to at least finish that season.)

12 Feb 2023 13:18 #44394 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Yeah, have Glass Onion in the queue as well, but haven't had a desire to watch it just yet. Can't really say why though? ... Let me know if it's any good.

There are those that proclaim it and it's sequel as cinematic masterpieces created by a genius, and there are other like myself that consider it and it's sequel to be mediocre light comedies pretending to be murder mysteries, but lacking in any actual mystery or detective work. They are fine, mildly amusing at times, but nothing special.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

12 Feb 2023 14:17 #44395 by Digital Dave
Thanks for that thorough and honest review.   ... They don't show too much in the preview really, but from what I do recall, it appeared like it was going to just be a silly comedy, where they tried to throw in some well-known names to it. - Actually took me a while before deciding to toss it in the queue. ... And I wasn't aware there was a sequel. 

12 Feb 2023 15:05 #44396 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Glass Onion is the follow up to it. You don't need to watch them in order they are unrelated stories with the same protagonist.

12 Feb 2023 15:51 #44398 by Valence
I quite enjoyed it. It was a little too long in the way that all films seem to be too long these days, there was really no reason for it to be over two hours, but I found it to be a fun way to contrive and reveal a mystery.
They're certainly not masterpieces but they are quite refreshing in the way they play with the overly familiar format.

15 Feb 2023 16:48 #44448 by Digital Dave
Well, I finished watching the three seasons of 'True Detective' the other day, only to realize while watching seasons' 2 and 3, that I had actually already watched all of them.   So I'm pretty sure I did watch the full first season too, but maybe just forgot the later episodes over the years due to lack interest?   Dunno...

19 Feb 2023 00:44 #44485 by Valence
For my Saturday movie I have just started watching The Pale Blue Eye on Netflix. :aha:

19 Feb 2023 11:37 #44488 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:dumb: That's a movie? *thought it was a series*

Well, it's on my to watch list, either way...

I'm on season 15 of Supernatural, so I'll soon need other stuff to replace that :p

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.