April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

01 Mar 2023 20:08 #44651 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
well.... the ending was a little... kind of two, three endings. In a way the next to last episode was the "real" ending and the final episode was epilogue... and then they broke character and thanked the fans... understandable, but I think I'd have preferred a change of scene and clothing to make it more themselves and separate from the story.

and where'd the dog go?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2023 20:20 #44652 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

and where'd the dog go?

He was probably involved in some controversy/scandal and they just avoid talking about him like all the other films and TV shows.

01 Mar 2023 21:06 #44654 by Charlotte
:blink:

02 Mar 2023 20:12 #44661 by Charlotte
Since I finished Supernatural yesterday I checked svtPlay for anything new and ended up watching "Blithe Spirit" which was at least mildly amusing. And it had Judi Dench and a beautiful dark chocolate brown almost black cat.

02 Mar 2023 20:26 #44663 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Cat! :woohoo:

I watched a few episodes of season two of Billions the other day but I'm really not sure I have the will to carry on with that. So many of the characters are just so annoying (and not in a good, well-written way) and I never really care about what's going to happen to any of them. :S

02 Mar 2023 20:33 - 02 Mar 2023 20:37 #44664 by Charlotte
Yes, cat :woohoo:
Unfortunately it had a very, very small part and could easily be missed by someone who has a tendency to snooze through the latter part of films...

02 Mar 2023 22:29 #44666 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I have two more episodes of 'Alice in Borderland' to finish up season two. ... Actually been entertaining to say the least. Sort-a reminds of 'Squid Games' a little. Just a different format.

And waiting for this weekend to pass to watch the final two episodes to 'The Last of Us' ... Watched the first 6, and the Wife did as well. Would rather just watch the last two back to back after Sunday.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

03 Mar 2023 19:22 #44688 by Charlotte
I have now, a bit hesitantly, finished the first episode of Blood Origin. I want to like it but... it's so naively stupid in places. Two enemies become imprisoned in the same place, to be executed. They immediately tell each other all about the disgraces that brought them there. I mean, if you did certain forbidden things with a princess, because you loved her and still want to protect her and her honour, would you tell anyone that's why you got thrown out into the world? And then when one of them escape they walk around town as if not a single guard could possibly recognise them again (and apparently they couldn't...)

The narrator isn't great either - or rather, the narrative... *Dramatic voice* "One had become two."

It also seems to me that the main villain went to another world and met with some being with god-like powers and immediately trusted them to help him take over the world. Sure, he'll "pay anything they ask" but has he asked himself what that might be? Why is that being friendly towards him at all?

And even though I had seen the beginnings of the episode already (which I don't remember anything from, not even after seeing the continuation of whatever happened in those minutes) the whole episode felt really long. I had to check if it was like 1.5 hours, but it was only about 1 hour (and I'd seen somewhere around 10 minutes, before, I think).

03 Mar 2023 19:30 #44690 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, the narration and the way the whole thing was framed by the storytelling was very annoying.
It does get a little better but not by much. :dry:

Thankfully there aren't many episodes.

03 Mar 2023 19:38 #44691 by Charlotte
To be honest I kind of find it distracting with all the elves ears too. Somehow I don't mind when there are elves among others but when they are all elves, I don't know. I guess maybe it just feels less relevant. Less easy to identify with characters because I assume their culture and morale etc will all be different from mine...? Maybe. :unsure: