April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

21 Feb 2023 18:13 #44549 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I know I've heard the name/title before, but knew nothing about it. Like the Zombies mention. I wasn't aware, but planned on checking it out after watching the last season of Boardwalk Empire.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2023 16:01 - 25 Feb 2023 16:02 #44586 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I unexpectedly finished Boardwalk Empire last night. I was expecting a few more episodes but the final season only had eight so... :shrug:
And, being unaware of the imminent end, I almost fell asleep through the last few minutes, so that would have been very confusing if I hadn't opened my eyes and rewound in time. :lol:
I thought the final season was the weakest by far with its unannounced time jumps, stories that were just forgotten about, characters arbitrarily killed off, unnecessarily long flashbacks plus a big gang war that seemed to happen entirely off-screen between episodes.
But I still enjoyed it overall.

I'll now have to find something else to watch next week.

26 Feb 2023 01:06 #44594 by Digital Dave
Yeah, I finished Boardwalk Empire myself. I thought the same about the last season, as well as the one before it. Seems like they were just looking for filler stories, and I've never liked the ending either. I know they can change things up for 'their' story telling, but I believe the real Nucky Thompson (Actually Nucky Johnson) died in his mid 80's. - 85, if I recall correctly? ... But I think having him go out as he did, was a better story for the 'revenge' theme... by their thinking.

And sadly, they didn't even show the two I would rather had seen get theirs, be taken out. But let them continue on... But I did always like the show overall.

I did go and watch the first 6 episodes of 'The Last of Us', but will have to wait on the final three as they are aired. ... And though I'm not a real big fan of the lead characters, I guess they were doing ok from what I saw so far. I've never seen the game or knew what it was all about, but I've never been big on 'Zombie' flicks, or similar, where they can run, jump, and have speed no matter the age?   But I do understand they are not supposed to be "Zombies" per se, but more similar to the infected in the movies, 28 days, and 28 weeks, which I did like. Even though they are similar to Zombies in nature I guess...

26 Feb 2023 01:19 #44595 by Valence
I am currently watching Chaos Walking and after just a couple of minutes I can already tell that this is based on a series of Young-Adult books and that I probably won't like it. :S

26 Feb 2023 17:41 #44603 by Digital Dave
I spent about an hour the other night, just going through Netflix to add some stuff to the queue. Some for new seasons available, some just new stuff. ... I ended up watching a series called History 101, that wasn't bad. It's 2 seasons, but the episodes are just around 20+ minutes each, so pretty quick.

28 Feb 2023 00:52 #44624 by Valence
I have begun Cabinet Of Curiosities. :stare:

Oh, look. It's Deadman. :giggle:
Strange to see him not wearing that weird orange coat that looks like it's made of rubber. And he seems to have put on weight since they made that game, unless the mo-cap studio were just being polite. :dry:

Anyway, the first episode was enjoyable while the second one seems a bit flimsy so far.

28 Feb 2023 13:02 #44625 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
It's a mixed bag, overall I enjoyed most of the episodes but there's one episode I thought was utter crap.

28 Feb 2023 13:24 #44626 by Digital Dave
Yeah, I watched those too. Didn't much care for it overall tbh. Think there were a couple that weren't too bad.

I threw on a series the other day called, 'Surviving Death'. Spoke about folks with near-death experiences, and reincarnation. Bit odd, but also some strange stuff.

Presently watching a new silly one I've had queued up for a while. 'Alice in Borderland'. It's been a bit silly, but somewhat entertaining to say the least. Think I'm on the last episode of the first season.

01 Mar 2023 19:36 #44649 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I'm on the very last episode of Supernatural, someone is possibly dying and.... it buffers... :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Mar 2023 19:57 #44650 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

I'm on the very last episode of Supernatural, someone is possibly dying and.... it buffers... :stare:

Sounds like a weird ending