April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

09 Jan 2023 15:57 - 09 Jan 2023 15:58 #43887 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, I too watch a TON of documentaries on Netflix. Whether its on missing persons, mysteries, or just good ole' serial killers. (Which you saw a lot more of back in the 70/80's, when is was much easier to get away with.) But some still try it these days, even with all the newer tech out there.

And it's not like I'm morbidly fascinated with these types of documentaries, and in generally find most of them just screwed up and sad. But sometimes find it more appealing then watching movies or shows.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2023 16:32 #43888 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I used to watch a lot of documentaries - when I grew up there were a lot of good nature and science docs on Swedish telly, and maybe 10 years ago the Viasat channels had some good science and history stuff. But now it's all done "American Style" (sorry Dave, but that's where I think the style comes from and I hate it - everything builds up to a reveal and then just before the reveal they switch the subject, rinse and repeat. Or stuff - as in the exact same sentence - is repeated three or more times in a row, partially to accommodate commercial breaks and partially because they have nothing sensible to say) and the Viasat programs are now all about Bigfoot and UFO's. It's all crap TV.

Though to be honest I haven't really checked out what's on Netflix in terms of documentaries. Most times when I bother looking for TV shows these days I just want to be entertained :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Jan 2023 18:31 #43890 by Digital Dave
If you're talking about the constant repeating of info, going back over the same damn stuff numerous times (especially between/after commercials!) That @&#% drives me nuts too and is one of the reasons I stopped watching most shows live and will just record them. This way at least allows me to fast-forward past all that crap. ... Wife can't stand how they have to repeat it all again after getting back, before moving forward. So not sure if it's an 'American Style' thing or not, but no matter where it's from, IT SURELY SUCKS!

But most of the ones on Netflix haven't been bad like the ones on regular TV. But there are a few that you can see where originally made for TV. ... BTW, I HATE COMMERCIALS!!! - TV, YouTube, radio, doesn't matter. I can't stand them, and will do what I need to avoid having to deal with them.

09 Jan 2023 18:46 #43891 by Charlotte
Me too. I basically never listen to radio because I can't stand commercial breaks OR when they talk (especially since many hosts shout rather than talk as if that makes what they're saying more interesting...). I switch channels or turn the noise down and do something else while there are commercials on TV, and I stare at the button that lets you skip ads on Youtube until I can click it. If it's one of those that have to play for 5 seconds, I count the seconds and try to shut the ad out of my head.

At the same time, if I was selling something, I'd like to be able to advertise it... :dry:
But I guess I prefer the still and quiet ads in magazines or such...

09 Jan 2023 20:28 #43895 by Digital Dave

Me too. I basically never listen to radio because I can't stand commercial breaks OR when they talk (especially since many hosts shout rather than talk as if that makes what they're saying more interesting...). I switch channels or turn the noise down and do something else while there are commercials on TV, and I stare at the button that lets you skip ads on Youtube until I can click it. If it's one of those that have to play for 5 seconds, I count the seconds and try to shut the ad out of my head.

I do the very same things...  And it's why I keep my personal music loaded up on my phone and basically just listen to my own stuff instead of the radio these days.

11 Jan 2023 00:50 #43903 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I started a couple of new things on Disney tonight. First I watched an episode of Willow and found it a little bit cheesy. It was a bit too much like those Young Adult things that Netflix churns out with lots of awkward comedy banter. Maybe it'll calm down later.
Then I watched the first episode of Moon Knight which was surprisingly good, despite that dodgy accent. I've never heard of the character before and the way it was filmed played into that idea and made it quite intriguing.

11 Jan 2023 10:43 #43904 by Charlotte
No relation to the film Willow, I hope. :dry:

11 Jan 2023 11:51 #43905 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
You hope?

11 Jan 2023 12:21 #43906 by Digital Dave

Then I watched the first episode of Moon Knight which was surprisingly good, despite that dodgy accent. I've never heard of the character before and the way it was filmed played into that idea and made it quite intriguing.

I threw Moon Knight on a while back when it only had about 4 episodes, but I was also working on framing the basement at the time so didn't really pay that much attention to it. But have gone back and watched the entire season. I too enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Especially since I didn't feel it was all that interesting when I was only glancing at it here and there the first time through.

Still watching Manifest presently, and on the last episode of season II now. I've seen the first three, but not the fourth that was recently added.

11 Jan 2023 12:23 #43907 by Charlotte
I guess my hopes are dashed. And I do have a vague memory of seeing a trailer for this before... So I guess, deep down, I knew... :dry: