April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

04 Jan 2023 20:32 #43773 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Whilst dealing with Covid for more than two weeks, I watched a ton of stuff since I couldn't do much else. ... Along with checking out some new series and a few movies, I also revisited some older shows as well.

Re-watched or watched: Rome, Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon (Season 1), The Witcher, Witcher Origins, Jack Ryan, just to name a few. Also just finished up Echoes last night, and watched about 4 or 5 others that I just randomly picked but weren't too bad. (Can't recall all of them) The Wife being sick with me, got into quite a few of them herself. She also liked watched some of the other stuff, like the Unsolved Mysteries series, and other real crime stuff. Hell, just anything to help from going mad.

I still have others queued up, that for some reason I kept finding other stuff to watch first. Even went searching for other stuff... But heard you folks mention some of them I have left, like 1899, Wednesday, etc. I have quite a few I just haven't pulled the trigger on yet? Not sure why, just wanted something else I guess.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jan 2023 01:35 #43780 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Don't get too attached to 1899, it's already been cancelled. :dry:

I've now finished Andor and it continued to be pretty good. Yes, it was still a little slow in places and the episode structure wasn't great (some of them finished with bizarrely abrupt "climaxes") but it was nice to finally see a serious, well-written, character-driven Star Wars story that didn't involve that family and Space Magic.
And yet, I still think The Mandalorian is a slightly better show. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

05 Jan 2023 13:19 #43782 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Don't get too attached to 1899, it's already been cancelled. :dry:

In that case don't bother watching it at all 

05 Jan 2023 19:48 #43792 by Digital Dave
Thanks guys... I've had it queued up with some others for a while now. But I keep finding myself looking around them for something else. Actually just posted this in another thread, but meant it here...

Well... finished watching The Recruit just now. I too had watched the first couple episodes the other night, but took the day off today just to rest up some and decided to finish it. ... They surely made the CIA and other agencies look quite comical overall. Bit silly, but guess it was somewhat entertainable enough to watch. Or, well, can't take that back now anyways if I wanted to. :)

I've tried to start watching 'The Imperfects' a couples times now, but haven't gotten more than a few minutes in to episode 1 before just turning it off. ... Presently looking for something to watch...

05 Jan 2023 19:53 #43793 by Digital Dave
I also recently watched "Troll", which I thought might be a second part to "Troll Hunter" which I liked. But it wasn't, or at least I don't think it was supposed to be?

I'm finding myself checking out more Ghostly/Spooky/Horror-ish stuff, which is odd since I've never really been into those. Usually Fantasy, Action, Comedy, etc. ... But the past year or more, I've been leaning more to those others? The wife even made a comment about that too. Guess she realized it too.

08 Jan 2023 19:31 #43868 by Digital Dave
Since Thursday, I've watched a few series. One was from Brazil, named 'Invisible City'. Corny, and not that well made. ... Then watched one with the Wife, 'The Midnight Club'. Wasn't bad overall, and the Wife liked it, but it did drag some in spots.

Did watch one limited series, 'Sins of our Mother' that's really screwed up. But most like this usually are...

08 Jan 2023 20:27 #43870 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Sins of our mother sounds familiar, I might have seen a trailer - but I can't recall a thing about it :)
I tried watching Invisible City quite a while ago, but never got into it. Don't think I even made it past the first episode....

I'm still watching Supernatural. I had seen all episodes of the first half of the 12th season but now I am on the second half and don't recognise anything, again. Maybe it was one of those seasons that aired with a mid-season break and I missed it when it started up again... :shrug:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Jan 2023 13:12 #43877 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I watched Secrets Of Dumbledore last night.
People with better memories than me might remember that I also said that a couple of weeks ago. Sadly I couldn't really recall any of the story so I suspected that I may have snoozed too much during that first time.
This time I did stay awake through it all and worked out that previously I had only managed to watch the first 30 minutes. :lol:

It was indeed a more eventful story if you actually see the other 80% of the movie but the ending was a little odd, particularly in the way that Dumbledore does the thing, even though he's been telling us for two films that he can't do the thing and, even after doing the thing, floppy-haired Eddie Redmayne points out this glaring plot hole by asking how he was able to do the thing only for Dumbledore to shrug and hand-wave it all away with some vague dialogue that made no sense.

09 Jan 2023 13:15 #43878 by Digital Dave
Yeah, 'Sins of Our Mother' is a documentary that's fairly new. (Quite disturbing and sad) Think most of the events shown took place in 2019/2020, and continuing into 2023. (It's 3 episodes, but think it's less than 2.5 hrs. in total?)

I used to watch Supernatural, but it's on so much here (reruns) I think I just lost interest.

Just started re-watching the series 'Manifest' yesterday after watching the last soccer game I had recorded. - I see they have added the fourth season to it now, so I just throw it back on from the beginning and watch it through.

09 Jan 2023 15:05 #43879 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I've seen Sins of our mother. I tend to watch a lot of documentaries on Netflix. It's an interesting enough story.

Last night I made the mistake of watching Trance, which was rubbish. I think the real Danny Boyle has been kidnapped or murdered and replaced by a lookalike.