March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

28 Dec 2022 16:24 #43618 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Just watching Moana on tv and getting annoyed at how good their water is. Why doesn't mine look like that? :pout:
Probably has something to do with their huge render farms working for hundreds of hours. :dumb:

But that theme is still the best song in any Disney movie. :aha:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2022 16:32 #43621 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
*hasn't seen Moana yet but would also assume their resources has a little something to do with the end result...*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 Dec 2022 18:54 #43708 by Charlotte
I was considering catching up on some movies during my winter vacation but I haven't really seen that many and somehow I don't seem to have as many on my to watch lists as I thought.... :hmm: Anyway, I decided to try to watch one of those "mandatory" Christmas romance comedies. (Mandatory as in they're obviously mandatory to make and to show, hopefully not mandatory to watch.) I'm not sure I can make it, though. I think my eyes might start bleeding.

Also the lead actress (Lindsey Lohan) keeps reminding me on another actress (Rose McGowan) and I can't help but wonder if their lip fillers were done by the same person... :dry:

31 Dec 2022 19:29 #43709 by Valence

...and I can't help but wonder if their lip fillers were done by the same person... :dry:

For a very brief moment today I considered starting on the caricature list but I couldn't find a photo of Nicole Kidman that actually looked like Nicole Kidman. :blink:
:shrug:

31 Dec 2022 19:41 #43710 by Charlotte
:blink:

31 Dec 2022 20:45 #43713 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

...and I can't help but wonder if their lip fillers were done by the same person... :dry:

For a very brief moment today I considered starting on the caricature list but I couldn't find a photo of Nicole Kidman that actually looked like Nicole Kidman. :blink:
:shrug:

Nicole Kidman doesn't even look like Nicole Kidman these days 

31 Dec 2022 21:10 #43715 by Valence
I can't completely recall the last time I saw her in a movie but I'm pretty sure she didn't look like... that.

31 Dec 2022 22:47 #43717 by Charlotte
I had to google her now, but I think she looks much like she always did except a bit older? I never quite liked the way she looks, but I guess that's beside the point (I always thought she looks a bit mean). I found one article about how fans no longer recognise her but it turned out to be about one photo where she was "make-up free" (which strangely includes smooth spotless skin and a rather unnatural lip colour, so pardon me if I don't think she was make-up free at all...)

31 Dec 2022 23:19 #43720 by Valence
She now has that squinty, bloated cheek, rigid tight skin look of every actress that's had "something" done. I remembered her as having slightly wider eyes and that made me wonder what kind of likeness I'd need to try and capture, and that made me give up before I'd started. :giveup:

Anywaaay. I'm not sure I'm gonna have a movie tonight. Instead I might get through a couple of Andor episodes. It's rather good, if a little slow, and suffers a bit from the main character being the least interesting of the cast, but when the pace quickens it's quite tense and gripping.

01 Jan 2023 12:33 #43723 by Valence

Instead I might get through a couple of Andor episodes...

Well, one and a half. :oops:
Followed by :zzz: