April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Last book you bought - or read

22 Mar 2015 17:57 #9774 by CherryGraphics
This is all your fault guys. :whistle:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2015 19:23 #9775 by Domtopia
Are those your feet Cherry??

Hahaha!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

22 Mar 2015 19:28 #9776 by CherryGraphics
Ehm ... :blush: yep - me and my pink socks... yep... :whistle: :blush:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

22 Mar 2015 19:50 #9778 by Domtopia
Oh... and there is a book in the picture too! ha!

Nice socks Cherry!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

23 Mar 2015 10:46 #9790 by CherryGraphics
Pffff.... there's nothing to laugh about my beautiful feet Dom :P

I took this photo just for a friend and forget the background before I've uploaded it. But what you should have seen - I'm reading now one of the discworld books. My feet don't matter. :D

Facebook / Behance

23 Mar 2015 18:31 #9795 by Charlotte
In Sweden there's just been a "rock your socks" day in celebration of everyone's being different (I think it was world down's syndrome day), so facebook, news and pretty much everywhere has been full of pictures of people (and dogs) with mismatched socks. You're just in time to join in Cherry, even if yours were the same colour ;)

And the book couldn't be more appropriate. If Pratchett had ever written a how to paint book it would surely have had the same title ;)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Jul 2015 16:18 #11677 by Kodabble
Went to Pennsylvania last month to visit family, and during that time used some of my travel to make a side trip (pilgrimage) to museum of the master of sci-fi art (you know who :silly: ).

It was really awesome to see the actual paintings. The images on the web or in books and magazines pale to the original. Only sad thing is with the family squabbles some of the major paintings were not there but with the individual member. Even a couple of the important works which they felt had to be included in the museum (Egyptian Queen) had to use high quality canvas prints rather than not having them not be displayed at all.

Anyway while there I bought this book which is a look at some of the rough sketches and preliminary concepts behind some of his major works as well as other unused sketches. An interesting look and what is some of the thought processes that might have been behind the master.

Attachments:

06 Jul 2015 23:55 #11685 by Digital Dave
Very cool, Kodabble. :) ... Frazetta & Boris, were about the only artist works I looked at when I was back in my early days. Only reason is the guy I used to do art with only had theirs. Beside some comics, which I wasn't really into.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

07 Jul 2015 09:01 #11688 by Charlotte
I recently bought "Women of Wonder" (a compilation of female fantasy artists, for those who didn't know) and a book called Dance of Doom (first in a series - a trilogy I think) by a BA Chaykowsky who just happens to be an old internet buddy of mine (we used to make 3D items for Cybertown back in the day). I've not read anything by her before, so I'm looking forward to it. I think the books will be arriving next week. :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Jan 2016 03:07 #13163 by Quetzal
"A slip of the keyboard" collected non fiction by Terry Pratchett.
Really great book, by one of my favourite writers ever. It gives you a sense of the person, the wit and the sheer joy of creation behind the Discworld series. The book explores many topics, and the only drawback is that it makes you egoistically sad about not having him around telling even more stories...