April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Feb 2015 - Letting off Steam - WIPS

01 Feb 2015 08:55 #8631 by Charlotte
Letting off Steam

Brief: It seemed in the suggestions thread that a steampunk theme would be appreciated. Can't be too predictable and post the exact one suggested though :P But here it is. Steampunk (or not, if you have other ideas!)

Deadline: Saturday 28th February, by midnight GMT. After which voting will begin.

This is where you posts your WIPs (works in progress). You final entry should be posted over here:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...ing-off-steam-finals

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one set of votes, for their 3 favourites.
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2015 19:02 #8644 by Digital Dave
So.. um, let me ask. The monthly challenge is just titled Steampunk then? Sorry, the info above is a bit confusion. :unsure:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

01 Feb 2015 19:12 #8645 by Charlotte
The title is "Letting of Steam". The brief is "steampunk related or not"

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Feb 2015 19:34 - 01 Feb 2015 19:35 #8647 by Digital Dave
Gotcha. ... I actually had PS open, and the top bar was blocking the title, so I didn't see it at first. :silly: - I do see it now though, even with the top of the letters cutoff. :)

02 Feb 2015 07:03 #8655 by CherryGraphics

Gotcha. ... I actually had PS open, and the top bar was blocking the title

this is dave's code for: I'm old - I finally need glasses!

:P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I love Steampunk but I never painted something like this ... so it will be fun to try and fail. Or even not. :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

02 Feb 2015 08:10 - 02 Feb 2015 08:11 #8657 by SchizophreniaWolf

Yeah I love Steampunk but I never painted something like this ... so it will be fun to try and fail. Or even not. :D

failure will not be tolerated, Cherry.
But for me it's also the first time on the steampunk-train, can I sit next to you and hold your hand, cherry? I scared too :blush:

No this sounds like fun, I'm going to keep the steampunk input by Charlotte. Even though i don't really like this steampunk that much.

02 Feb 2015 09:08 #8659 by CherryGraphics

can I sit next to you and hold your hand, cherry?

hahahahaha of course you can :lol:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
The following user(s) said Thank You: SchizophreniaWolf

02 Feb 2015 10:58 #8660 by Digital Dave

Gotcha. ... I actually had PS open, and the top bar was blocking the title

this is dave's code for: I'm old - I finally need glasses!

:P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I guess that's what I get when my multitasking overlaps one another. :blink: :D ... Similar to your statement above, I've enjoyed seeing others Steampunk pics, but have never done one myself.

02 Feb 2015 11:04 #8661 by Domtopia
This is the perfect place to give it a go then guys!! Let's all make a mess of it together!!

Personally, I really struggle to paint anything that requires hard straight lines. I just don't know what to do! If I had a ruler I might be able to do it, but as yet I can't figure out a way to do it in PSE 9.

I quite like the idea of the steampunk train that Schizo and Cherry are on though!! Any room for an Englishmen on this journey???!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

02 Feb 2015 11:47 #8664 by CherryGraphics
there is room enough Dom! :lol:
I just asked my boyfriend for this subject. He gave me the idea of air pirates, airships and a big belfry. I have the idea of an idea in the back of my mind so I'll give it a try :woohoo:

Facebook / Behance