April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Feb 2015 - Letting off Steam - WIPS

02 Feb 2015 12:34 - 02 Feb 2015 12:50 #8665 by Domtopia
OK, so here's an idea. Optimus Prime is my Hero, so I am going to try and paint him.

Since I have NO SKILLS in the area of mechanical drawing... at all!.... I will just have to give this one my best shot!

So, here's the concept.

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2015 12:36 - 02 Feb 2015 16:58 #8666 by Domtopia
I think we should all be having this conversation over in the WIP thread. This thread is just for final entries!!

EDIT by Charlotte: Moved now :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

02 Feb 2015 12:37 - 02 Feb 2015 16:58 #8667 by Charlotte
Uh oh.
I just noticed that all this chatter is in the finals thread. That's such a big no-no!
I'll try to move the posts to the wip thread if I can, when I get home - otherwise I'll delete the posts here. Just so you know. And keep the talkin' to the WIP thread from now on ;)

EDIT: Yay, I did it! :woohoo:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domtopia

02 Feb 2015 19:46 #8673 by Kodabble
OK my title topic says -WIPS and the link says WIPS so I am assuming I'm in the right forum :blink: .

Not really up on the Steampunk genre. Looking it up, as I understand it, it is an alternate history of 19th century Victorian or wild west civilization employing steam powered technology in almost a futuristic way ( ie robots, flying machines, spacecraft). So now I need to come up with a solid idea, maybe a space launch.
Anyway did some searching for images and came up with some character images and worked up a practice sketch of three of the images. They seem to like the use of goggles when operating machines so I added them to the women’s images as well as the one that was on the man.

Don’t think I can use this as part on my work as the images are not mine, but it was a fun practice :silly: .
Attachments:

02 Feb 2015 19:56 #8675 by Valence
Slightly confusing but I think we're in the right place.

Kodabble: Whether you use it or not that's a cool drawing and that's definitely the Steampunk feel that the subject asks for.

Dom: You seem to be doing fine with straight lines without any advice. But one way to do straight edges (edges rather than lines) is to mark a boundary with the polygon selection tool and then paint normally inside the selection.

02 Feb 2015 19:57 #8676 by Charlotte
uhm, yup I forgot the bit about changing the title - or rather I wasn't sure whether it would happen anyway or if I'd screw it up completely and then I was so happy I managed to move all posts in one go that I forgot to check :blush:

02 Feb 2015 20:42 - 02 Feb 2015 20:44 #8677 by Digital Dave
Ok, so not sure just how well this will turn out, but here a sketch I did real quick. (Since I've never done a Steampunk image before, wanting to play along) ... First thing that popped in my head actually. Still a lot more thinking to do for machining him up, as well as thinking of the BG, but here's the start.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

02 Feb 2015 20:57 #8678 by Charlotte
Love the idea of a steam powered bull, Dave!

02 Feb 2015 21:10 #8679 by Domtopia

Love the idea of a steam powered bull, Dave!

Me too! Great start!!

02 Feb 2015 22:23 #8680 by Domtopia
This is very hard!!

Trying a new technique here with the graphic "comic book" style colouring. Is it working?

Attachments: