April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Feb 2015 - Letting off Steam - WIPS

08 Feb 2015 14:45 - 08 Feb 2015 14:53 #8820 by microscopi
Dave the bull looks awesome now with all the details you added, you can tell by the texture on him he's definitely mechanical, looks great, the background too, lots of details already! I assume your next update will have color?

Cherry great progress so far, the parrot and red head are both drawn so well. I think her face looks fine now too, will look forward to the progress!

Dom, really digging the idea and design you have, I think you have a great perspective there, just need to add more detail to the background and characters, look forward to seeing an update!

I'm not sure if i'm going to stick with this but i'm just fooling around, I got the idea from the song "Crazy Train" and the world from the "Dark Tower - Gunslinger" series, after I started just painting sploches anyway.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2015 14:48 - 08 Feb 2015 14:52 #8821 by microscopi
Here's the 2nd wip, I need to balance out the right side by adding more stuff, also the left side is just a block of dark strokes right now, but i'm thinking of adding a machine or character there.

I admire you guys for drawing sketches, it's hard for me to do that, I usually just end up painting with no idea in mind and see what I can come up with. I'm going to start coming up with a solid sketch style soon.

Attachments:

08 Feb 2015 14:53 #8823 by Domtopia
Mic: I am loving this!! What a cool idea!!!!

It already looks really steampunk. Plus it has a strange Thomas The Tank Engine feel to it, which automatically makes it one of the coolest ideas I have seen in a very long time!

Thomas The Tank Engine steampunk anyone?? Yes please!!!!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

08 Feb 2015 15:32 #8824 by microscopi
Thanks Dom! :cheer: I had to look up Thomas the tank engine and i'm like oh that guy!! Lmao!!
Maybe it's him after he got in with the wrong crowd and got addicted to crack :woohoo:

08 Feb 2015 15:34 - 08 Feb 2015 15:34 #8825 by Domtopia
I assume you mean "addicted to track"??!!

08 Feb 2015 17:57 #8832 by crankshaft
Great idea micro! The picture has a nice vintage feel to it!

08 Feb 2015 19:49 - 08 Feb 2015 19:56 #8834 by microscopi
Lol Dom that sounds better !! Thanks crank :cheer: I worked on it more, I want to make it feel like that barren wasteland, really dirty sort of environment, i'm going to add more debris and garbage maybe, I don't like the train face or shape going to change that next.

Attachments:

08 Feb 2015 20:09 #8835 by Domtopia
Keep it coming Mic!

I have been playing around with the rendering, trying to keep the edges clean and tidy. Hopefully it's getting there!

Attachments:

08 Feb 2015 21:55 #8836 by microscopi
Looking great Dom! The edges look real glossy and refined around optimus defintely, if you're going to have that comic book look and thinking of doing the kid the same way, you could maybe have him wear an optimus prime outfit, could add some humour :lol: Maybe add a windmill in the background for an idea of a setting.

09 Feb 2015 00:33 #8837 by microscopi
Face update

Attachments: