April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Feb 2015 - Letting off Steam - WIPS

26 Feb 2015 23:29 #9141 by microscopi
Thanks Dom! I think I might take your advice i'm getting sick of working on it lol

Cherry I forgot to say, lovin the background on yours, the map idea is cool and its done really well, the parrot looks amazing in that hat :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2015 14:37 #9152 by Domtopia
Cherry: I love the background work you have done. It's really effective and interesting!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

28 Feb 2015 07:49 - 28 Feb 2015 07:52 #9174 by Digital Dave
Thanks for the kind words everyone. :) But I guess it really wasn't meant to be...

I actually arrived home a little after 4:00am this morning after a long shift from the day before and was told I wouldn't have to come back this weekend! :woohoo: I thought maybe, just maybe, I could get some sleep in and possibly work on the image to get it done in time. But when I woke in the afternoon, I found that somehow in my sleepless stupor (while on the computer quickly sending out a couple bills) I had updated my system, which apparently included upgrading it to the new OS Yosemite? ... I still don't know how in the hell I managed this, but immediately hated what I saw as soon as the screen turned on. It was simply the ugliest OS I've ever seen, and I quickly decided I needed to revert it back to Mavericks. ... only to learn that this process would take over 12 hours to complete! :S

Well, it finally finished the reverting process a couple hours ago, but I've been dealing with getting things all straightened back up since. Apparently some things didn't come back to it's original state, including mail, ibank, a few others and of course PS CS4. Which wouldn't even open up? ... Had to then go find the box-set for it, only to then learn that for some reason, my DVD drive isn't working now!@? ... well, the good news is, after pulling out one of my external DVD drives I managed to reinstall CS4. Bad news is, it's now about 2:50am, and well, I'm pretty much wiped out! :sleepy:

It really sucks I didn't get to finish my very first ever Steam Punk Challenge image, I will finish it up as soon as I can and will post the image when I do. Really enjoyed seeing all the entrees and the creativity of them all. Great work everyone. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

28 Feb 2015 16:11 - 28 Feb 2015 18:11 #9185 by crankshaft
@Valence [in the finals thread] Awesome color palette. The picture has a nice dirty gritty feel to it, fitting for the challenge. I like how you also put in the time for a bit of side story.

EDIT by Charlotte: Post moved to WIP section to avoid chatter in the finals thread :)