March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN Feb 2015 - Letting off Steam - WIPS

04 Feb 2015 17:54 #8753 by Charlotte
Oops sorry Cherry I was sure there'd been more entries so far or I'd have taken the time to give you some feedback too!
Well, you're off to a good start (who can go wrong with a redhead!?) but I think you should watch her eyes. I think her right (our left) is too high in her face. The parrot and his accessories is a great idea but again there's a small but: the bird isn't really grasping her hand with its feet but looks more like he's sitting on a flat surface. :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2015 06:15 #8759 by CherryGraphics
no prob Charlotte ^^ it was almost a joke :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

who can go wrong with a redhead!?

This is exactly what i think :D

Thanks for your "buts" :) I'll keep them in mind :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

05 Feb 2015 08:38 #8761 by kazky
they are all looking fantastic, I am however just addicted to birds, so Cherry's especially stands out to me, and my African Grey is called 'Yvie' (pronounced Evie) so I think the redhead would suit that name :)

really beautiful.

05 Feb 2015 12:26 #8765 by CherryGraphics
So the girl's name is Isabella and the parrot is called Yvie - just if someone asks. :lol:
I hope I fixed the mistake about the right eye. :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

05 Feb 2015 15:00 - 05 Feb 2015 15:02 #8766 by Digital Dave
Coming along nicely, Cherry. Might want to check her right eye, appears a tad high to me & shows more when flipped.

Well, with another dog (Kito) being rushed to the animal hospital the other night, we are slowly starting to look like a doggie mash unit here. And, having to be here overseeing and help them, I won't be going back to work until Monday at the earliest.

So last night stayed most of the night with them, and started adding some rough values in, to try and build up the scene some. Also didn't know If I wanted to go full greyscale, or directly into color? But ended up starting in GS for now. Also think I need to make some changes to the Bull, to show more mechanics. Looks like a just sheet-metal body at the moment.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

05 Feb 2015 23:18 #8783 by Domtopia
Thanks for the advice and help guys! Cherry, yours is looking really nice. Your avatar is one of my favourite painting on this site and this new one looks similar. Keep up the good work!

Mr. Dave, it's going well! Great first attempt at steam punk. Looking forward to seeing this finished!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

06 Feb 2015 00:44 #8784 by Valence
Dave: I think I like the bull idea just as much as everyone else. It just makes so much sense as a concept and it looks like the drawing is living up to that potential. Get that colour in as soon as possible!

Dom: I think that the colouring style and the straight edges are working fantastic. You said you can't do mechanical things but I'd certainly never guess from this. I rather like those little highlights you've put near the edges; they're just small marks and yet they do so much to explain the shape and texture.

Cherry: An easy way to win my vote is to always include a redhead! You've sorted out the eye alignment very well now but it's the great linework in the hands that's impressing me at the moment.

06 Feb 2015 03:47 #8787 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Dom & Valence. I did some more today, working up the BG some and even started throwing down some values on the Bull, as well as making some additional changes to make him a little more interesting. (I hope) :)

Attachments:

06 Feb 2015 14:35 #8792 by CherryGraphics
Awwww thank you so much Dom :)

It's always good to see people have an "preference" for ginger heads.... right, Valence? ^^
The linework in the hands? Well .. thanks... but I even don't like to paint hands. :D

Dave I really love your city in the background!

Okay before it's weekend - a new update .. hair. Hair. Hair. Hair. ^^

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

07 Feb 2015 20:52 #8812 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Cherry. Just making it up as I go. :) ... Really like the color scheme you have going in yours. You may want to look at your parrots right foot though. It should be down lower on her arm and almost straight down from it's body, to hold it in the position. She wouldn't be able to hold her self up with the current position.

Update...

Attachments: