May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Aywas Thread

06 Feb 2022 22:53 - 06 Feb 2022 22:53 #39483 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Aywas Thread
Something a little different. It's that time of year, again... :argh: 

Edit: Seems I need to clean up some pixels around the banner. Though they probably won't show as well in Aywas where the background is white. 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Feb 2022 00:55 #39486 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Aywas Thread
Love the detailed pattern. I would never have the patience for all that. :nope:

07 Feb 2022 03:15 #39487 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Aywas Thread
Agree, the pattern is quite nice.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

07 Feb 2022 07:51 #39489 by Charlotte
Thanks guys. I did use the mirror tool though :P makes it half the work. And it probably looks more intricate than it is, really :dry:

10 Feb 2022 18:17 #39535 by Charlotte
OK, I have been considering opening myself up to commissions on Aywas and before I had time to do so, someone PM'd me (in a much simpler and better system than we have here :stare: @ Banj) and asked if I could do some food items.

This would mean making maybe ten images that are 80*80 pixels when finished, though I tend to work at 240*240. Depending on how easy I find the subject they can take anything from half an hour to 2 or 3 hours. And while they are happy to pay at least part of the cost in USD, I'm honestly not sure what to ask. I feel like what I think is a reasonable price for my time is rather a high price for such small pictures.

What would you guys consider a fair price?

10 Feb 2022 18:34 #39536 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Aywas Thread
I don't know what people in that area are charging normally, so it's difficult to say. I've done emotes for people that I charged £20 each for. People have still complained that that is too expensive despite the amount of work going in to each one (and the fact that is, as far as I'm aware, a fairly standard rate among other emote artists producing decent quality work). If I ever try quoting a proper hourly rate for things like that people have a meltdown. Also, the people that want to pay the least, often expect to receive the most.

(and I could simplify the pm system by just removing it entirely )

10 Feb 2022 18:53 - 10 Feb 2022 18:54 #39537 by Charlotte
Emotes are difficult, though. Especially if they're really small. The Aywas pics are probably a lot easier and faster.
People on Aywas charge anything from a dollar to hundreds of dollars... (for pets, mind you, not these small icons)

PS: Yes you could. It's not like it's used overly much, as far as I know. But then I might not be privy to ALL PM conversations.... :dumb: 

10 Feb 2022 19:54 #39540 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Aywas Thread
They may think they're paying for your picture but they're really paying for your time. The time it takes to complete it plus the time you previously spent learning how to do it. Set the price according to what you think that time is worth. :aha:
Speaking from personal experience I ...erm... I ...um...
I ... haven't made any money at all so don't listen to me. :lol:

10 Feb 2022 20:01 #39541 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Aywas Thread

They may think they're paying for your picture but they're really paying for your time. The time it takes to complete it plus the time you previously spent learning how to do it. Set the price according to what you think that time is worth. :aha:

I agree.

10 Feb 2022 20:32 #39542 by Charlotte
I agree too but I suck at asking a decent price... So we've already agreed, and its still more than I expected he'd agree to.