March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Aywas Thread

25 May 2017 13:48 - 25 May 2017 13:49 #16351 by Charlotte
The Aywas Thread was created by Charlotte
I figured I'd make a thread specifically for art I do for www.aywas.com - and where anyone else who happens to be a member of both this forum and Aywas can join in *looks at Kazky* if they want... :cheer:

I also hope to make some simple Krita* tutorials aimed at the type of art made for Aywas. If so, they'll be linked here, too.

Intro to Aywas

*I mainly use ArtRage myself, but ArtRage cannot handle clipping masks and it's not free. Krita is free and have an alpha mask thingy that mimics the clipping masks of Photoshop, which means anyone can use this program to work with Aywas pet colorations and the like.

Art for Aywas is mainly pets or human avatar (HA) clothing. Occasionally there might be other things, like items (collectibles, food & drinks, fauna etc.) or stationary, event backgrounds or sticker designs. For some things you get in site currency and for some you can get paid in USD via Paypal.

Examples show the default female avatar and one of the pet bases. To only colour a pet is called a "metal" coloration, if you add edits to the line work it'll be bronze, blue or gold depending on how much it's been edited. All new pets are called "silvers". Bet you were all dying to know this.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2017 14:01 - 09 Jun 2017 12:09 #16352 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Aywas Thread

Here's a set that I finished today (excluding all those darned little icons needed for each item), which is meant for the monthly HA set contest. "Basing" (3-6 items plus a "trunk", with lines, base colour and shading but no colourings or patterns) usually runs from the 1st to the 7th of the month. Then there's a vote between submitted sets and the winning set is made available for colouring. Colouring usually has a deadline by the 24th of the month and then follows another vote on which three sets will be available in Aywas shops (for three different currencies).

EDIT: Note, bases can be submitted multiple times if they don't win, so they don't have to be made within the 1 week time frame.

This month I submitted two colorings of a set made by Gwennafran (ID #22320 aka Danish comics artist Rikke Lindskov Loft )
Voting should begin any day, though there's a "May Day" sale event going on that might delay things.

EDIT: The spotted cowboy set was elected top choice and ended up in the priciest store :) I suspect it was mostly down to the appaloosa in the background.

Attachments:

25 May 2017 14:12 - 25 May 2017 14:25 #16353 by Charlotte
And here are some stuff I've been working on for ever and ever and really should get around to finish...

I need to rework some areas to make the skin look less "chubby". I also need to decide on skin tones, and probably rework the jewellery since the details are too small to show at the final size. (Set contains skin, eyes, hair and jewellery)

This set contains a lot of items, for both male and female avatar. I messed up on the layering for some of the items and had to redraw them and then I kind of never finished. Probably started in 2015... (Set contains a short dress, a long dress, trousers, jacket, boots - possibly 2 pairs - and probably hair though I haven't even done that yet)

Oh and here's another monthly set I need to fix up a bit before resubmitting... :)

Attachments:

25 May 2017 14:30 #16354 by Charlotte
And just in case you weren't tired of all this Aywas stuff yet, I also recently agreed to make some art in trade for some custom pets. So here's a very scribbly start of someone's RPG werewolf character:

I wanted a really simple background, like maybe just a square but... oops... it's already too much :P but then again it's only the beginning...

Attachments:

27 May 2017 14:38 #16365 by Charlotte
Simplified the background and worked some on the anatomy... Don't want to overwork this since it's not worth all that much (as a commission) but I think I need a better base before I add some semblance of fur detail...

Attachments:

27 May 2017 16:43 #16366 by em...
Replied by em... on topic The Aywas Thread
It's looking good, but it's very dark overall. There's not a lot of tonal contrast in either the form shading or the silhouettes.

27 May 2017 16:48 #16367 by Charlotte
Thanks em, I'll take a proper look at that once the sun leaves my screen :P :)

31 May 2017 20:48 #16399 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Aywas Thread
I think it might be good to bring back the moon and use it to define the wolf with rim light.
In fact you could simplify the details and use that moonlit outline to make it a more stylized image with just the glowing eyes showing from the silhouette. Of course that probably wouldn't fit the Aywas template but it'd make a cool pic.
And it is interesting to see the Aywas process in development. :)

01 Jun 2017 07:23 #16402 by Charlotte
There will be rim light but probably no moon. And the werewolf isn't really an Aywas thing, it's just made for someone who happens to be an Aywas member :P However I don't think they'd appreciate just getting a silhouette of their RPG character either ;)

02 Jun 2017 22:23 #16412 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Aywas Thread
Some cute little creatures. Hope you've been well. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D