April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Aywas Thread

22 Nov 2020 18:23 #32370 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Aywas Thread
People might of course choose to mix and match with completely different things, but I'm glad it works as a set, anyway :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2021 14:22 #33126 by Charlotte
Did a new (or rather reworked an old, unused) set for the aywas avatars... But but but... I want to be done (though I still need to colour the lines and make item icons) but I'm not sure... For one thing that cloak is utterly boring (behind). And for another the quiver with arrows is magically floating behind her back and she's got the extra thing on her belt that I guess I can leave just for looks, but maybe that's where the quiver ought to be. Though reworking those bits might mean the items can't be "layered" properly on site. (Items are hair, face, top, bottom - i.e. trousers, boots, belts etc, bow & arrows, and cloak. Both bow and cloak have layers both above and below the avatar, which is what makes things a bit tricky...

Attachments:

12 Jan 2021 18:37 - 12 Jan 2021 18:37 #33133 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Aywas Thread
I think it looks fine. The quiver doesn't appear to float to me, it just reads as being behind the cloak and adding another strap could make it look a little too busy at the smaller resolution. :shrug:
One thing I might consider changing is the simple red/black stripe on the trousers near the hip. It seems a little too modern and doesn't quite fit with the ornate designs elsewhere.
Love the work on the bow and arrow though. :thumbup:

12 Jan 2021 19:25 #33134 by Charlotte
Thanks. But with regards the the floating quiver, it has to look OK with other clothing items. So I did add a strap after all, and redid the cloak (the part behind the avatar). The black lines will be coloured, and I think I'll keep the coloured stripe near the hip just to tie the trousers together colouring wise with the top. But thanks anyway :P

03 Feb 2021 19:58 #33455 by Charlotte
It's that time of year again. Yes. February.
And in Aywas that means sending love letters to everyone so you can collect currency points to buy the things you made for them... :dry:

So this is this year's Valentine card:

and since none of you will get the joke otherwise...
Here's a chugon, for reference:

(Might not be the best example, since I made the belly look like a separate item in this one...)

Attachments:

03 Feb 2021 21:09 #33456 by Charlotte
Pfft I had to shrink it down to 400 pixels high. I knew there was a width limit - which is why I made it "tall and narrow". *sigh*

And I'm told the & is a "spelling error". (Grammatical error perhaps but then I never intended for the phrase to be accurate I just thought I'd heard it before... and it worked with chugon.)

03 Feb 2021 21:59 #33460 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Aywas Thread
It's not really a grammatical error either. I guess they just don't like ampersands. :shrug:
You'll just have to put "and" instead if you have the space.

It was a good drawing anyway and I did "get" the joke even if I didn't know the name it refered to. :)

03 Feb 2021 22:12 #33464 by Charlotte
and the "&" was used because "and" forced me to use considerably smaller text. Well, maybe not that much smaller but I wanted the text as big as possible because it looked too small first time around (when I used 2 rows and "and")

03 Feb 2021 22:23 #33466 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Aywas Thread
It doesn't work without the & :dry:

03 Feb 2021 22:42 #33467 by Charlotte
I didn't think so either :p