April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Adventures across the 3rd dimension

15 Oct 2022 14:49 #42489 by Charlotte
paint it? ;)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2022 13:47 #42585 by Charlotte
I need to finish my Halloween bundle this weekend... So I've gone through all the little text details, like costs of resources and how much each items adds to wealth and beauty and where the collision boxes are and.... as usual - and in spite of me now having applied all transforms, half of them are off. The staircase fits snuggly against the walls but they walk up it on the opposite side (where there are no stairs) and further more I can't build walls near it on the floor above :? That didn't happen before. And I adjusted the sitting position on the bench where it was off but it's still off. *sigh*

For the umpteenth time I wish I could SEE those blasted collision boxes so I can tell where they are and what I'm getting wrong. For all I know, things that seem to work, might have their collisions in the wrong place too.

:(

23 Oct 2022 15:10 #42610 by Charlotte
I think I finally got the collision boxes to be the right sizes and in the right places. For some reason the stair case had to be centred along the z axis for the next floor to have a "hole" in the right place above it. It should be enough that the collision box is in the right place but apparently not. At least they walk up and down it on the right side of it, now. :dry: And I had to lower the collision boxes for curtains and tapestries or I couldn't build a floor over them. Which is odd, since the collision boxes weren't even near the ceiling/floor as it was. And I ended up making a second colour curtain so now there are an even 30 objects. :)

But I still have to go through all the little interactionTransform locations. Before the 31st. But not today.

25 Oct 2022 11:51 - 25 Oct 2022 11:52 #42627 by Valence
Late last night I tried to follow a flower tutorial in Blender. It's a bit annoying how so many of them use Geometry Nodes, which I don't really understand yet, but I did eventually find a useful one.
Unfortunately it didn't go quite as I'd hoped. I don't think I've ever seen such an enormous difference between their results and my ... "efforts". :dry:

On the plus side I don't think my beenana needs a paint over any more. An extra bump map offered one improvement but then I tried out an HDR for the lighting and it suddenly looked a lot better.
Which was a pleasant surprise. :)
Just have to work out what to do with the wings.

29 Oct 2022 13:47 - 29 Oct 2022 13:50 #42695 by Charlotte
I think I finally finished my halloween themed mod. But I need to eat something before uploading it to Nexus Mods :aha:

Attachments:

29 Oct 2022 13:48 #42696 by Valence
500 samples.
Four times the resolution.
90 minute render!

And it's still grainy. :pout:
Cycles! :shakefist:

29 Oct 2022 13:49 #42697 by Valence
Always better to eat before uploading. :aha:

29 Oct 2022 13:52 #42698 by Charlotte
:ohmy:

you'll just have to use a grainy bg image too... :dry:

and why would you post while I'm editing my post? hmm? :stare:

29 Oct 2022 14:06 #42699 by Valence
Those work really well with that purple colour scheme,especially that last pic. :aha:
:thumbup:

29 Oct 2022 15:27 #42700 by Charlotte
Yes the grey stone textures in game turns nicely purplish when lit up by candles at night, so it matches my purple items :)

and now it's available at Nexus Mods and I have fetched my laundry and I can play Skyrim with a clear conscience! :woohoo: