April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Adventures across the 3rd dimension

11 Mar 2023 20:34 #44791 by Valence
Looks stylish AND comfy. :cheer:

Fiddling with texture maps is never fun, that's why I always end up with just vertex colours and half a million wasteful polygons. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2023 20:36 #44793 by Charlotte
Well when you use loads of boxes and few polygons the texture mapping isn't too bad... Still kinda boring, though.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

13 Mar 2023 20:53 #44827 by Charlotte
Yesterday I started working on Pizzelles, which are apparently one of the oldest types of cookie. I decided to go with simple round ones and then immediately forgot and made a 26 sided cylinder. Then I shrunk every other radius/coordinate to make it kind of star shapey. Then I copied the cookie so I had a neat little pile of them and stopped for the night.

Today I made a pattern, using the symmetry tool in artrage to make a ring of leaf shapes surrounded by a waffle pattern. I then tried to texture map it - and found that I should have had 24 sides to the cylinder as the pattern now didn't fit the shape. So I started over and settled for a round shape again, just making an 8 sided cylinder. And a new pattern. And the cylinder wasn't round enough to fit the pattern and I probably should have made it 12 sided. :argh: So I divided all the sides, getting a 16 sided cylinder, finished the UV mapping, made new copies so I had a new neat pile of cookies and decided the cookie colour was too close to the wood colour on the table. :dry:

So I replaced the plate and cookies with the bowl of apples from the previous table and put the plate of cookies on that table instead. And that's all I've managed to do today just because I couldn't remember for two seconds, yesterday, that I wanted to make simple round cookies in the first place. :stare:

Pizzelles! :shakefist:

13 Mar 2023 21:07 #44828 by Banj

Yesterday I started working on Pizzelles, which are apparently one of the oldest types of cookie. 

For a moment I thought you were talking about Pizzles which are... something else entirely 

14 Mar 2023 07:14 #44832 by Charlotte
:dry: I don't know what those things are, but for security reasons I won't google them until I get home...

14 Mar 2023 11:07 #44835 by Banj
Probably a good idea 

14 Mar 2023 12:13 #44837 by Valence
I don't know what either of those things are. :paranoid:

14 Mar 2023 12:32 #44839 by Banj
Probably a good idea 

14 Mar 2023 12:44 #44840 by Valence
*googles*

Don't know what the fuss is about. The Internet says they're just dog treats that are made of...
Oh.
:oops:

14 Mar 2023 12:45 #44841 by Valence
That's why I'm a cat person. :lol: