April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Adventures across the 3rd dimension

10 Aug 2022 11:48 #41663 by Valence
Videos are being watched again. :paranoid:

Unfortunately "learning" has not yet happened thanks to different Blender versions having slightly different node options. :shakefist:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2022 17:02 #41664 by Valence
:shakefist: again.
:eyeroll:

10 Aug 2022 17:34 #41665 by Charlotte
Maybe you should look for videos of your version of Blender.... just a suggestion :whistle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Aug 2022 17:54 #41666 by Valence
I found a tutorial that had a simpler version of the effect ... and that also used nodes that were different to mine. :(
But then I read through lots of the YouTube comments (:argh:) and found a way to get it to work for me with yet more additional nodes.
But then it didn't quite work in the way I had hoped to use it anyway. :shrug:

Back to thinking about it a bit more. :hmm:

11 Aug 2022 20:14 #41678 by Valence
Progress! :woohoo:
Still not sure how useful this is gonna be for the idea I have but I'm happy I've worked out how to do it by myself. Maybe I should make my own tutorial. :P

19 Aug 2022 17:06 - 19 Aug 2022 17:27 #41747 by Valence
Transparent shader nodes!!! :rage: :shakefist:

I managed to get it working last night but didn't bother saving cos I thought I'd just be able to repeat the process today and...

I can't. :facepalm:

EDIT: Alpha Clip threshold setting! :woohoo:
Now save it, quick! :brb:

02 Sep 2022 11:17 #41935 by Banj
I've put the link on the resources/free software thread, but I'll mention it here too. ActorCore accuRig is a new free Mixamo-like (Mixamo is also a free auto character rigging tool if you weren't aware) auto character rigging tool from Reallusion: actorcore.reallusion.com/auto-rig?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

02 Sep 2022 16:49 #41937 by Valence
Looks interesting. :aha:
I have used mixamo from time to time when I need specific action references in paintings so it'll be interesting to see how these types of animations would work with my own models.
I suspect my disregard for good topology will be brutally exposed. :lol:

10 Sep 2022 19:19 #41989 by Charlotte
I actually got more done today than I expected to manage in one day. But I'm not quite done - I have two more items I want to finish for this bundle. I had time to start on one, but I need to make a texture, and then there's one more item. Plus thumbnails for the latest items and coding and in-game testing and screenshots for the Nexus Mods mod. :dry: There's always more to stuff than I'd like...

Anyway, I also "joined" Discord today. Founder's Fortune announced an update for the end of the month and they wanted some play testers, but to sign up for that you needed to go to their Discord channel. Problem was, I was already signed in but unable to verify my account (or maybe I didn't even try, I can't recall). I tried to log out but apparently you needed to verify your account for that too. :ohmy: and they wanted my birthday, which I can't see any reason to lie about but it was invalid. Probably because they never asked for it before. But somehow, I eventually managed to log in. I guess the main issue was that I visited from "a new location". Presumably I've not been to Discord since before I moved, in april 2020... :dumb:

Anyhow. I've kept an eye on the Funder's Fortune Discord during the day and.... there's been one post. Well, two, if you count the one around 8 am, before I went there. I'm still not seeing myself becoming much of a Discord user... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Sep 2022 19:49 #41990 by Valence
Verify your account to log out and leave?? :dunno:

It sounds like some sort of prison. :dumb: