April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Adventures across the 3rd dimension

10 Sep 2022 20:04 #41992 by Charlotte
Yup, I found it rather weird too. Also, once it told me my birthday wasn't good enough or whatever, it would not let me close that message or anything, so I had to close the entire browser tab and start over from the Discord main page (I'd gone there through a link).

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Sep 2022 15:47 #42002 by Charlotte
I don't know if this is a super stupid question but is there a way to change the distance you zoom when using the scroll wheel? I sometimes want to zoom up close to the models in Unity to check how the texture mapping is working out but it seems to have these "steps":
1) Too far away
*scroll one "step"*
2) Its behind you now

:dumb:

11 Sep 2022 15:58 #42003 by Valence
Would that be a Windows thing or a Unity thing?

There'll probably be some settings in the Windows Control Panel but I'm not sure if that will transfer into Unity as well. :dunno:

11 Sep 2022 16:32 #42004 by Charlotte
I'm guessing it's a unity thing. I can't zoom "steplessly" it seems. It's also hell when trying to take thumbnail screenshots of the items and they're all too small/far away but you can't get any closer. And I'm sure there's a word for steplessly that I know but just can't think of right now. :dumb:

11 Sep 2022 16:34 - 11 Sep 2022 16:39 #42005 by Charlotte
For a brief moment there, I thought I found a solution but it seems it's about zooming in the games you create with Unity (maybe?) and requires coding. :stare:

Edit: And also you're supposed to be able to right-click and zoom which does show a number on the screen that you can reduce or increase by using the scroll wheel. It doesn't actually CHANGE anything though. :stare: :stare: 

Edit2: but oooooohhh, you can use Alt and right-click DRAG :aha: 

11 Sep 2022 17:15 #42006 by Charlotte
Now I'm this far along...

Attachments:

11 Sep 2022 18:52 #42008 by Valence
The basket textures look very complicated. I definitely wouldn't have enjoyed trying to do that. :)

I like the little clothes pegs too! :cheer:

11 Sep 2022 19:23 #42009 by Charlotte
 Thank you :cheer:

Basket texture.... It's not even tileable but it's so busy, one can't really tell. The rest is just spacing stuff in the UV map to contain more or less "rows". So not very complicated. It's hand painted too, but I used emboss on the horizontal rows instead of shading it by hand. I'm going to have to see how it looks in game - the game textures are supposed to look painted, so this might be too detailed looking... 

Attachments:

12 Sep 2022 19:46 - 12 Sep 2022 19:47 #42020 by Charlotte
Dang. I'm almost done now. Fixed the colours on the laundry clothes as they were too pale and asjusted some thumbnails where the images were too big and fixed some missed " in the code... took some screenies for the images on Nexus Mods and closed everything down and then I realised I forgot to include the wicker baskets. :dry:

I also forgot to wait until daylight before taking this screenshot. Maybe I can rebuild the room and include the baskets.... :hmm:

Attachments:

13 Sep 2022 19:42 #42030 by Charlotte
I think my mod bundle is done :cheer:
I just have to try it out in an actual game and see if anything weird happens. Hopefully I'll have the energy for that tomorrow :)