April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Adventures across the 3rd dimension

18 Jul 2022 16:55 #41438 by Charlotte
That's precisely why I do use them sometimes... I might want four legs on a table and instead of making the same changes four times when I change my mind about how they look, I only need to change things once. :)

I'll look into it again some other day. Today I'm just poofed. I didn't get much sleep last night (thanks Merlin :stare: )

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2022 17:06 #41439 by Valence
You could use the Array modifier for that but that'd probably be more complicated if you already have a method you're comfortable with. :)

18 Jul 2022 18:02 #41440 by Charlotte
The what now? :dumb: Probably...

24 Jul 2022 09:47 #41493 by Charlotte
So I'm trying to apply transforms to my items and the guy at Dionic said that I could double check that my scale was 1 on Unity. But ALL of my items claim the scale is 1 in Unity, even when it isn't in Blender... :dumb:

Unity also says that 1 m in Blender is converted to 100 m in Unity. WHY???
(And is this related to Banished mods being first made to real life scale and then divided by 100? Or that tutorial on something I watched some time ago where they also said something about dividing or multiplying with 100???)

24 Jul 2022 11:18 #41494 by Valence
They should really standardize scales across different formats. Whenever I download an OBJ file to import into Blender they're always absolutely massive, often bigger than the camera range, and sometimes rotated 90 degrees along one axis too. :pout:

24 Jul 2022 11:31 #41496 by Charlotte
My guess is they're Unity "ready" so, using XYZ instead of XZY like Blender does and 100 times too large. But I don't get what reason there could possibly be to turn 1 meter into 100 meters. If they'd changed it to 100 cm that'd make sense, but.... no. :?

24 Jul 2022 16:59 #41500 by Charlotte
Before I applied all those transforms, my "further away axis" was inverted between blender and Unity but once I had applied them, it was indeed the X-axis that was inverted. Meaning that I had to go through and change all the coordinates that I had inverted along the wrong axis before... and it took the better part of the day. But I think my bathrooms are done. Just want to do some laundry things too, before the bundle can be ready and available on the nexus. The other Nexus. :dry:

Attachments:

24 Jul 2022 18:26 #41501 by Valence
Everything would be so much easier if it really was called the "further away axis". :lol:

05 Aug 2022 15:08 #41626 by Valence
Recently I've been messing about in Blender trying to do space scenes and last night had a go at following this tutorial...

Alas, my attempt looked absolutely nothing like his version. :dumb:
For some reason I can't get that Colour Dodge bit working correctly. :dunno:
But if you go to the YouTube page there are links that allow you to download the scenes and they really are great fun to play with.
Just need to study those node connections a little more. :hmm:

05 Aug 2022 17:18 #41636 by Valence
Managed to make this cloudy thing with a couple of stars...

...and I quite like it as it is but I just cannot get those colour dodge glowing edges working! 
I'm doing something wrong somewhere here. 
Attachments: