April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

04 Jun 2019 19:59 #24990 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Try waking up in your bed and seeing the blue-red spiders from Runes of Magic marching across your pillow. :confident:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jun 2019 13:15 - 05 Jun 2019 14:13 #24996 by Charlotte
I'm playing Obduction even though I need a walk through because I keep missing things (and then some things are just tedious or.... not something I'd think of at all). Just now I need to travel a lot (kind of like teleportation) and seeing how much you need to do that I wish the animation of each teleport wasn't some 15-20 seconds long. :eyeroll:

EDIT: This is getting VERY tedious....

05 Jun 2019 14:42 #24997 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Well, it is by the makers of Myst. My experience of Myst was walking from the start to one strange mechanism, finding myself completely confused I walked the other way to another odd mechanism. When I found the second mechanism confusing as well I repeated the previous steps a few times before giving up. They should probably have called it Thyck Fog instead.

Puzzle games are great when they follow some kind of clear logic, but often the developers use some weird abstract thought process that involves gigantic random leaps of mental gymnastics to work out what the hell they were thinking.

05 Jun 2019 15:05 #24998 by Charlotte
I've come to a similar conclusion myself. Managed to solve the puzzle I was facing, ended up finding a wounded something, which I apparently can't help in any way. Also another puzzle that I don't quite get... Or rather, there are two mechanisms and I can't only get to one of them. And I can also get back to the beginning. Yay... :dry:

05 Jun 2019 17:14 #24999 by Charlotte
well that sucked. Turns out the game has two endings and you've no idea how to get to the good one without reading a walk through (or possibly there was some impossible to remember tidbit of info early on in the game). So basically, you do everytyhing you've been asked to do and then you die. Yay.

05 Jun 2019 19:44 - 05 Jun 2019 19:47 #25006 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Well I haven't got stuck on Limbo's puzzles yet although a couple of them have needed a bit of thought and several attempts.
It's a surprisingly creepy game, not in terms of "jump scares" but just the overall mood is quite disturbing in a subtle way with the big ominous spiders and all those other kids just out of reach.

Edit: And I really love the changing, sweeping zoom of the camera. It's just a little thing but adds so much drama.

06 Jun 2019 15:54 #25010 by Valence
Yay, I've finally assassinated someone in Assassin's Creed. Up until then the game might as well be called "Renaissance Tourist's Creed" seeing as I've just been enjoying the sights and history of Florence. :)
The escape was a bit hectic again. I accidentally stabbed an innocent chap in the fracas and then scarpered. I tried to take to the roofs again but one of the pursuing guards grabbed my ankle and pulled me back down (I didn't know they could do that! :ohmy:)
Eventually I ended up in the river so I dived beneath the water and held my breath until they'd moved on.

*gasps for air*

06 Jun 2019 19:16 #25011 by Charlotte
So uhm.... Now that you're a proud murderer, did you manage to assassinate your target too, or just that innocent bystander? :dry:

06 Jun 2019 20:57 - 06 Jun 2019 22:24 #25012 by Charlotte
oooh Subnautica: Below Zero has updated! I thought it was a few days of waiting left, guess I misremembered :P

EDIT: The triops are cute. They swim like drunk little mini dolphins! :D

06 Jun 2019 22:10 #25013 by Valence
Oh, yes! I got the nasty traitor along with all his documents about the conspiracy. The other innocent guy just ... got in the way when all the guards descended on me.
And it seems my touristy days are over now that I'm "notorious." I can't even enjoy the architecture without the baddies spotting me (unless I pay some people to crowd around me and I don't have that kind of money despite my looting.) Also it's harder to get around the roofs too. They seem to have stationed a few archers around to look out for my escapes. :(

What's in your new and updated Subnautica? Extra drowning? ;)