April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

12 Jun 2019 12:06 #25061 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I believe Steam does it every Tuesday at around the same time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jun 2019 12:06 #25062 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
taking a knife to a gunfight.... (ok, spanner)

view from my "bedroom" window :)
(I built my base on such a pretty spot. Twisty Bridges in one direction and Arctic kelp in the other. There are plenty of other pretty places but they usually have nasties nearby.)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

12 Jun 2019 19:46 #25075 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

I believe Steam does it every Tuesday at around the same time.

They don't usually clear out your wallet though.
I had the pitchfork ready to go to war over my ...erm... handful of coins. :lol:

That looks like a peaceful spot, Charlotte. If I stare into the murky distance will I see whatever it is that eats you? :)
There are some nice underwater scenes in Bioshock too when you look out of the windows. Although the neon art-deco of Rapture wouldn't suit your base.

12 Jun 2019 20:35 #25076 by Charlotte

If I stare into the murky distance will I see whatever it is that eats you? :)

nope. Wrong direction :p

13 Jun 2019 01:25 - 13 Jun 2019 01:40 #25077 by Valence
Oh, well. I seem to know a lot about wrong directions at the moment.

I've just been having a looong walk in Morrowind. I thought I'd do those Mages Guild quests that take you to Molag Amur near Marandus.
Boy, was that a long walk! I thought I could do a quick stroll, complete the quests and then continue onto Nchuleftingth (or however you spell it. :dry:) Annoyingly there are no real paths round here so it's mostly cross-country stuff, but there ARE lots of lava pits and they spew out all kinds of ash that mean you can't even see a few metres in front of you. Yay.
Of course there are plenty of beasties on the way... if you can see them. AND a lot of them are diseased. Yep, got infected again but had a potion this time. :thumbup:

Eventually I got to Molag Amur (although I did have a final awkward battle where I had to take on a Guar and two Cliff Racers at the same time!) and I successfully completed the two quests with a bit of persuasion and bribery, but now I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. With Nchuleftingth still too far away (yes, I just cut and paste the name instead of trying to spell it again. :P) I was hoping to stay and rest in some local place but there's very little here but lava and ash and rock. I thought maybe there'd be a town/village but the two quest locations (Punabi and Sulipund) are really just little caves and most of the people in one of them just want to attack me (and they're too good for me to kill. :()
So I tried to make my way down to Marandus and found that to be a large, imposing fort with no discernible entrance! :huh:
:hmm: Maybe I should walk all the way around this biiig lake to try and reach Suran, at least there's some fast travel from there...

*walk* *walk* *kill Guar* *walk* *walk*
*get attacked by something I can't see through all this fog and ash*
Must be a rat! *blindly swing axe at ankles*
*walk more* *kill Cliff Racers*
*waaaaaaalk*
*suddenly see guy throwing stars at me!*
Aaaand I'm dead. :dead:

Great! My last save is all the way back at that fort with no entrance. I feel some more walking coming on. I wish I had those quick boots that Banj found. :(

13 Jun 2019 07:44 #25079 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
Has anyone played Obra Dinn? Just bought it on steam on the recommendation of my son (he's trying to steer me from my beloved point and clicks)

13 Jun 2019 10:58 #25081 by Charlotte
I've never even heard of it before. I did google for some images, so I know it's a murder mystery (or at least the "return of" is...) what else is it? It's apparently not 3D or MMO, so what kind of game play if not point and click? :P

13 Jun 2019 11:19 #25082 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
It's strange, you 'review' death scenes to try to work out how the person died. Essentially its a 'Cluedo' kind of thing. I'm not sure I'm loving it.

13 Jun 2019 11:27 #25083 by Valence
I haven't played it (or heard of it until now) but I've just had a look on YouTube and that graphic style is interesting. The "murder on a boat" thing reminds me a bit of Cruise For a Corpse, but that WAS a pointy click game. :P

13 Jun 2019 11:34 #25084 by Charlotte
sometimes it's hard to know before finishing the game. While playing Obduction I was a bit obsessed, as I always am with new games but afterwards I felt like I didn't care for it. And still I find myself wanting to go back to that cliffy landscape. Not that I have anything left to do there :P I guess I just stared at it for too long.