April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

21 Jun 2019 13:45 #25147 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I am indeed interested in grabbing that missed Arkham game. But much to my annoyance Humblebundle doesn't seem to let you use your Steam wallet even though you're still getting them from Steam! :shakefist:

Anyway the Steam summer sale starts on the 25th so I'm hoping that it might be discounted there too, along with other games that I have my eye on. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2019 20:07 #25149 by Valence
With another two attempted paintings going down the drain I spent some time playing Limbo and.... finished it! :ohmy:
I knew it was gonna be a short one. :(
It felt like I was on maybe level two or three but no, here comes the ending. At least it was a good (and fitting) finish. The whole games was beautiful and clever with puzzles that were devilish without being frustrating. Just wish there'd been more.

So with still more time to fill I had a browse on Steam and saw all the older Just Cause games going for pennies. I remember playing the first one and although it was a bit silly there's still something I find appealing about those GTA style sandbox games. So I grabbed the second one.

22 Jun 2019 20:43 - 22 Jun 2019 20:43 #25151 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
You need to get ‘Inside’
Now Val, the follow up to Limbo, it’s so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 Jun 2019 00:18 #25153 by Valence
Yes, I seem to be getting lots of Limbo-like recommendations now, such as Albert And Otto, Richy's Nightmares, Toby: The Secret Mine and many, many more. :)

I remember when I bought Limbo there was an option to get the bundle with Inside included. It's a bit too pricey now but I'll see what the sale brings next week. :)

23 Jun 2019 17:13 #25159 by Valence
I've also spotted the Deus Ex games are going for Steam pennies too.
I may come back for Human Revolution later.
Maybe. :)

25 Jun 2019 13:58 #25174 by Valence
So, I'm playing Bioshock and I need the Telekinesis plasmid to unblock a doorway. I go off to that creepy Dentist area, melt the ice with my burny hand, kill a few splicers etc. And there it is. Telekinesis! I grab it and am then told that I don't have enough "slots" at this time and I have to lose one of the powers I already have. So.... electro-shock or burny hand? I think I'll ditch the electro-shock cos that was the first one I got, I haven't used it for a while and I've been killing quite a few baddies with my burny hand. :evil: So off I pop with my burny hand AND telekinesis.
I unblock that doorway, kill the grenadey guy and then find a long corridor filled with security cameras, gun turrets and flying shooty drones that could all be easily dispatched with.... the electro-shock plasmid that I've just given away! :facepalm:

Death. Death. More death. Try and find an older save-game to get back my electro-shock and completely replay the last 45 minutes. :eyeroll:

But never mind. On a more positive note, the Steam Summer sale is just hours away. Please let my entire wishlist be discounted. Pleeeeease. :)

25 Jun 2019 14:23 #25175 by kazky
lol, that made me laugh, I wonder if the bad things would have been different if you gave away burny hand? do you think the game is weighted like that?

It's kind of like life, you keep things for ages, then throw it as you've not used it in YEARS, the next week you absolutely need that thrown away thingy.

25 Jun 2019 14:44 #25176 by Valence

I wonder if the bad things would have been different if you gave away burny hand? do you think the game is weighted like that?

:lol: I'll be super annoyed if it is. I guess I'll find out when I get back there.... again. :)

26 Jun 2019 00:52 - 26 Jun 2019 00:53 #25177 by Valence
No, it didn't do the switcheroo on me. (phew!) That older save game did bail me out. And you're right Kaz, it would be nice to have some saved games in real life too so you could skip back a few days/weeks/years. Or perhaps even decades! :lol:)
So, back in that Bioshock corridor, my electro-shock did the job and got me past all the security guns/cameras. I now have to go and see Dr Steinman! :eek: I feel a boss-battle coming on.

Aside from that I haven't played much today and instead have been browsing those sales for what I COULD be playing. Most of my wishlist stuff has been substantially discounted (including my missed Arkham Asylum! :)) so I shouldn't complain.... although *starts-to-complain* I am slightly disappointed that LA Noire has only gone down to £6.99 and Skyrim is still a chunky £15 (but the non-special edition is just under a tenner if you get to the direct link.) I'll only consider getting them too if my dentist does me a cheap favour next week.
Cheap? Dentist?! Hahahahaha.

26 Jun 2019 12:50 #25179 by kazky
ooh I forgot the steam sale! i'm going to have a looksee