March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

06 Jun 2019 22:29 #25014 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:lol: well according to the news, there's a spy penguin. Haven't found that yet. They've added a bit more to the fairly empty "fringe" areas and as I mentioned in the edit above, a cute fish. Or maybe that was there all along and I didn't see it before...

I've managed to find 2 of the 4 bits of PRAWN suit I need, so I'm hoping there'll be at least two more pieces added somewhere else... I'm also hoping they add the modification station and the water machine soon, but the former might not be available until they've finished the deeper biomes (environments) I guess, since they might not want you going there just yet. Not without getting eatted anyway.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2019 22:49 #25015 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

there's a spy penguin.

Now that's the kind of content I want in an update! :lol:

07 Jun 2019 07:09 #25017 by Charlotte
Apparently it's the kind of update the fanbase wanted so the company gived it to them :)

07 Jun 2019 13:28 #25021 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
This weeks free game on Epic is pixely Kingdom New Lands: www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/kingdom-new-lands/home

Be brave, ruler, and fight to the bitter end,
lest these New Lands conquer you instead.

Kingdom is a minimalistic micro strategy game with modern retro aesthetics and an ambient soundtrack. Players take control of a monarch struggling to build their kingdom from nothing by exploring the world, recruit loyal subjects and defend from the nightly Greed attacks.

07 Jun 2019 20:30 - 08 Jun 2019 01:49 #25025 by Valence
What lovely, pixelly pixels. May grab that one for my "later" library.

I've been getting a bit frustrated with Star Wars: Republic Commando recently. Even with my (slightly) improved WASD skills I still struggle to kill the enemies even though I have three squad members shooting with me. Every play results in either no more ammo or death and it's not like my shots are missing either. It feels like the worst moments from Halo 2 :(
So I've decided to abandon it in favour of another FPS from my library and I have now installed Bioshock which I bought the other week (I think they're on sale again now.) After a bit of awkwardness with the sound (apparently you have to "enable" Stereo Mixing in the Windows sound settings. :dunno:) it now runs properly and I've had a quick 15 minute play to confirm that I'm gonna like this one. So atmospheric and moody, and that style of visual storytelling reminds me a lot of Half Life 2. Hopefully it will continue to be that good.

EDIT: Wow! Bioshock is GOOOD! So damn creepy! All those voices in the distance teasing you before you get there (again, reminds me of Nihilanth in Half Life,) those disturbing little girls, that woman with the pram with the shadow cast on the wall and just the whole design of everything.
I hope it isn't one of those short games cos I could eat this up all day long!

10 Jun 2019 01:06 - 10 Jun 2019 01:07 #25035 by Valence
I've just returned to the island of Vvardenfell after my recent Morrowind break. :woohoo:
I'd forgotten how many active quests I had. :whistle:
So I got to work and made some progress with the Thieves' Guild by sailing back to Hla Oad, provoking that lying Khajiit and taking his Dwemer artifacts. (His? Her? I still can never tell with those cat people. :S) This time I managed to take them without the other magic-wielding fellow seeing (and then killing) me by using a chameleon spell ring I picked up from ...erm... somewhere.
Then back in Balmora I cleared out the house of some dead guy. I went through the whole place picking up the valuable stuff, went upstairs, picked up some more goodies, opened the door to a bedroom and- There's this woman stood there! I thought she was gonna attack me. Or report me for looting. Or something! But instead she just seemed upset and told me that she'd watched the guy being murdered. One description later and I've got another killer to find and some Justice to hand out in the form of my axe. Anyone seen a red-headed Dunmer? No? Well, don't worry, I'll find him eventually. :)
Also I couldn't help but notice that the angular, unmodded trees of Morrowind reminded me of my awful hanging tree picture. If your painting looks like 20 year-old video games then you should probably start again. :lol:

I may now just have a quick go on the still brilliant Bioshock before bed!
Oh, and Steam keeps recommending half-price Dishonoured to me.

10 Jun 2019 10:31 #25036 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Cyber Wick 2077

"He killed two people with a wacom pen" :aha:

10 Jun 2019 11:18 #25040 by Charlotte
:giggle:

12 Jun 2019 11:51 #25059 by Charlotte
Been trying to map Below Zero while waiting for update. Been finding some updated things too, but sadly they're not scannable yet. Lots of wonderful new planty thingies. Also found that the thing that's been eating me isn't the thing I thought it was but another thing.

12 Jun 2019 11:59 #25060 by Valence
So many things to eat you! :)

I had a panic last night when Steam went down. :ohmy:
And when it finally let me log in my wallet said £0.00. :cry:
I quickly dashed onto Reddit to find everyone else complaining about it. *phew*
Stoopid server maintenance. All coins are now returned. :)

Still enjoying Bioshock but I wish there was more ammo around. Too many times am I having to attack machine-gun wielding enemies using only a spanner!