April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

13 Jun 2019 13:44 #25085 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
i'm interested in getting that game Charlotte, i've put it in my wishlist on steam hoping it is in a sale.

Val its a really interesting style, unusual concept too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2019 14:02 #25086 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Obduction? I mostly ended up feeling annoyed :P

I think I prefer subnautica, although it would be nice if below zero was done and not early access, even if it's kind of cool seeing it "grow" too... Seems they don't expect it to be ready for full release until the end of the year which feels awfully far away.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

13 Jun 2019 20:21 #25087 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I've never played an "early access" game. I imagine it would be quite frustrating. I'm patient when it comes to playing games that are several years old but not that kind of patient.

And I have now finally managed to find my way out of Morrowind's middle-of-nowhere, lava-filled, long-walk wastelands. It was quite easy in the end. All I had to do was remember that I was actually carrying two teleportation amulets. :oops:
And one of them took me straight to Pelegiad which allowed me to complete another quest by freeing someone from the local prison! :)

15 Jun 2019 02:08 #25095 by Charlotte
Oh look at that! It's 4 am. Maybe I should get to bed.... :dumb:

I downloaded a free "point and click horror game" from GOG. More gross and gore than horror, though. And again, one of those games I couldn't figure out without a walk through. The (almost) only thing I could figure out for myself was something I didn't get to do - a cinematic took care of that part.

15 Jun 2019 13:37 #25096 by Valence
4am?! :blink:
*yawn*
What was the name of this game that kept you awake?

My own late night gaming wasn't as late as THAT but I did play Morrowind long enough to walk to the difficult-to-spell place. I took the silt-strider to Suran and started the walk from there and it was much easier than through the wastelands from Balmora. (Until the other day I didn't realise that Suran was so far south, I was sure it was a northern town. I'd looked round there once before but didn't save afterwards so it didn't show on my map and the only other thing I remembered from it was all the dancing strippers. :lol:)

But I now am at the difficult-to-spell place (Nchuleftingth! Yep, cut and paste again) and it looks lovely at sunrise! I saved at that point and will continue next time...

15 Jun 2019 13:43 #25097 by Charlotte
"Cayne" - which kind f gave the whole "twist" away, from the beginning...

15 Jun 2019 14:18 #25098 by Valence
I remember seeing that on Steam once while browsing. I recall liking the rather atmospheric isometric graphics but not being willing to part with my precious coins. :)

15 Jun 2019 14:21 #25099 by Valence
Just checked and it's free on Steam too! It's just the DLC that costs precious coin.

15 Jun 2019 14:34 #25100 by Charlotte
Yeah Cayne seems to be some sort of small standalone game from the same "universe" as some bigger game you can buy, but I can't recall the name of it :P

15 Jun 2019 14:59 #25101 by Valence
I get very confused with all these extras and seperate versions of games and Deluxe DLC and enhanced editions. :dunno:
Even with Bioshock you got the original plus the remastered version. I ended up installing the original just cos it took less space on the hard drive and you can't really tell the difference at my resolution. :lol: