March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

17 Jun 2019 11:21 - 17 Jun 2019 11:22 #25107 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Thor's Hammer is quite a satisfying weapon to wield in Tomb Raider. It even works underwater .... somehow! :dunno:
Surely a submerged Lara would be electrocuted by the lightning from her own weapon :hmm: but I'm not complaining now that I can dispose of any annoying shark with a couple of swings of Mjolnir. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2019 11:37 #25109 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I tried out shadow warrior 2 yesterday before bed. It's a game I downloaded for free ages ago. It doesn't seem too bad, though I've never been great at first person shooters. The game is a lot more horrifying than that "horror story" I tried the other day. But again that might be because it's an fps. :dry: Anyway, there are monsters, and you play an annoying something who works for the yakuza and makes stupid jokes while fighting monsters. And while talking to NPC's. They don't seem to like him/you much. But some of the jokes are a bit funny :p

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

17 Jun 2019 15:45 #25116 by yatadragora
Replied by yatadragora on topic Gaming
Shadow warrior 2 seems fun from the videos I've seen and its my kind of humour i just have yet to play it, had it for ages just not got round to it.

hitting sharks with mewmer does sound amusing though deadly to your well being in reality.

18 Jun 2019 12:27 #25127 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
You can get The Witcher: Enhanced edition free from GoG by following these here instructions:

grabfreegames.com/giveaways/drm-free/gam...her-enhanced-edition

18 Jun 2019 22:16 #25129 by Valence
That's a rather convoluted way to give away free games! :huh:
But free is free! :woohoo:

I remembered to have a play with KOTOR last night. I should play it more frequently to make it easier to remember the story. I'd still like games to detect when you haven't played them for a while and give you a TV-style recap. "Previously..." :)
But I did catch up with it again and made some progress. STILL don't have a lightsaber though. :(

19 Jun 2019 11:59 #25131 by Banj
I feel that their instructions make it seem more convoluted that it actually is in practice. I don't even think I went through all of their steps when I tried it. :confident:

21 Jun 2019 01:02 - 21 Jun 2019 01:09 #25136 by Valence
Hmm, the quest in that unpronouncable place wasn't as big as I thought it was gonna be. Just sneak to the lower levels, find a body, grab a couple of books and scarper before the ghosties arrive. The hardest part was walking there!
Oh, well. At least the book is interesting. Now I just need to find a scholar who can translate it. :hmm:
Also I asked around about that murder and the main suspect is.... one of those Camonna Tong guys in the Council Club. Great! That's all I need. :eyeroll: (And Sugar Lips seems to want to improve security too fearing some kind of attack from them. Something's going down very soon. Mark my words. :aha: ) Time for a save game, methinks.
And with that done, I'll now have a free shot at that murderer before I quit for bed. :)

Well, I killed him. Sadly I couldn't taunt him into an attack (these Camonna Tong crooks are a bit too cool to fall for that) so I ended up with one of those bounties (no, not the coconut chocolate! :shakefist:) so I then had to try and sneak around Balmora to find the guy who can remove the price on your head. Unfortunately I don't quite know where he is and the local police started running around (yes, RUNNING!) to find me and chase me down. (Cue that Benny Hill music. :lol:) Death ensued.
I really don't know how Banj managed to commit so many heinous crimes without getting caught. :dunno:
Glad I saved that game though. ;)

21 Jun 2019 11:51 #25139 by Banj

I really don't know how Banj managed to commit so many heinous crimes without getting caught. :dunno:

Incredible amounts of skill and talent :aha:

21 Jun 2019 12:03 #25140 by Banj
:ohmy: :argh: :excited: (now if only I had a working device to play it on :cry: )

21 Jun 2019 12:22 #25141 by Banj
@ Valence, if you are still interested in the Arkham games, humblebundle currently have them all on sale again. The complete collection is about £12.49 right now www.humblebundle.com/store/batman-arkham-collection (they also have them all seperately for cheaps too).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence