April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

22 May 2019 11:04 #24838 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:ohmy: something eatted me!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2019 13:47 #24840 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
:blink:

22 May 2019 20:03 #24844 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Have you been digested and pooped yet? :lol:

Those Steam sales don't last very long, do they?
I saw that last one while browsing on mobile and told myself to check it out again when I was properly logged in on my PC, but when I got there the special offer had vamoosed. :S
I quite fancied grabbing Arkham Asylum (at that price!) I'll have to move quicker next time. :)

23 May 2019 06:31 #24847 by Charlotte
:dry: Val, thankfully they leave that animation out of the game. I woke up back in my pod.

23 May 2019 11:54 #24850 by Valence
Whatever it was that ate you obviously flushes quickly. :)

I, in my Lara Croft role, have now got my hands on Megingjord having successfully traversed the pool of poisonous vomit from Jormungandr!

The game certainly seems to be challenging to my spellchecking Autocorrect too! Not that it correctly checks my usual typos. :dry:

23 May 2019 19:09 #24856 by Charlotte
I have identified what it was that eatted me. (Without being eatted again)

I have spent like 2 days trying to find part 3 of a blueprint I need. When I found it it turned out to be part 2. Finally, I found part 3, constructed the item, went off on adventure, got stuck in a hole with my hoverbike, fell into a pit with no means of getting out, quit the game, and found that my last save was before I found part 3. :dry:

Well, at least now I have a faint idea where to look for it.

24 May 2019 17:13 #24865 by Charlotte
When I went back for part 3 I was eatted again.

But now I have it. Now I'm looking for a part 2 of a laser cutter tool. I know where to search, again, but I keep drowning... So when I found the last piece of an extra good air tank I was overjoyed. Until I found out that the item needed to create said airtank is not yet in the game. (That's what I get for early access.) I guess it's back to drowning...
(I've only found one place where a laser cutter is needed so far, but it has me curious...)

24 May 2019 19:02 #24868 by Valence
You were the main course AND dessert! :lol:

A few posts back I expressed a vague interest in the Assassin's Creed games so when I saw some money off them the other day (and after missing that Batman sale!) I lunged straight for.... the second one in the series. That is often referred to as one of the best ones and "should" work on my PC. However I'm not quite sure how I'll manage those fiddly controls with the mouse and keyboard though :unsure:
I'm sure I'll find out when it eventually makes the transition out of my growing library of not-yet-installed games.

24 May 2019 22:14 #24874 by Charlotte
well that was a disappointment... I got to the box for which I needed a laser cutter. The cutter sparklied for a bit and then the box decided I had never touched it nor would it ever be touched. The cutter could not be reapplied and the box would not open. Unless it opened downward into the snow and ice... :dry:

25 May 2019 20:43 - 25 May 2019 20:44 #24879 by Valence
Perhaps it's one of those "Mystery" boxes that are not supposed to open. :dry:

I decided to install Assassin's Creed 2 rather than leaving it in the Great Library of Unopened Games.

*much downloading later*
PLAY!
*a bit more downloading later*

Another launcher?!? :ohmy:

Yep, despite buying it from Steam (with their launcher) I now have to have the UPlay launcher too!
Yay! :unsure:

But never mind, I'm playing now. Olde Italy looks lovely. Frame rate occassionally slows during big group fights and the lipsynching lags a little, but I'm sure (or hopeful) that a few tweaks of Graphics Settings will sort that out. And maybe stop that hot smell gently gusting from the back of my PC too. :lol:

In the story: I've finally beaten that familiar fellow (brother? I should pay attention to cut scenes) in the race to a church roof and now I have to sneak off and find some woman somewhere.

LEAP OF FAITH!!! :pirate: