May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

04 Jan 2024 20:10 #48760 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Not sure I can run that one but I got it anyway. :)

And, after many holiday quests and event tickets, I have now acquired the Dagonic Quasigriff. :stare:

:cheer:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jan 2024 20:30 #48761 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
 gesundheit! 

06 Jan 2024 01:31 #48783 by Valence
I've just sprained my thumb playing Trials Rising and having far too many "Just One More Go"s. That track was evil.
EVIL! :stare:
And I've also got a headache from either the strain, the frustration, the swearing or perhaps those numerous moments when I repeatedly slapped myself on the forehead after I finally managed to do something right only to make a stupid error later on to waste my efforts. :facepalm:
But it was fun really. :unsure:

06 Jan 2024 12:05 - 06 Jan 2024 12:06 #48784 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Perhaps the headache is from all of the above... :dry:

I just went around exploring and finding new spots on the Skyrim map (not entirely new but new for that character). And wondering more and more why I ever bother with followers. Either they go missing and I have to deal with dragons and forsworn all by myself, or they push me off cliffs or into the line of sight of the enemy I'm trying to sneak up on. Once, the guy shoved past me as if to protect me and then just stood there as the enemy ran past him and attacked. :facepalm:
But sometimes they are good for drawing fire... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Jan 2024 15:36 #48785 by Valence
After messing about installing some different things I ended up restarting Morrowind with another character the other day.
Once again I failed to keep the famous limeware platter. But I got the magic ring. I watched Fargoth creep to his hiding place and got it again. I saw the wizard fall from the sky and took his clothes. I found the tax collector and got attacked by those tiny kwama worm things and was unable to kill them. I ran away. They followed. I ran all the way back to Seyda Neen and hoped the big guards would come and kill the little things for me. And they did. :)
I confronted the murderer and then spent 15 minutes having one of those classic Morrowind fights where you stand face to face with your adversary and you both fail to hit each other even though I can see the sword repeatedly connecting with his face. :eyeroll:

06 Jan 2024 16:51 #48786 by Charlotte
My follower got lost again. I was hoping he'd find me when I went through a door (or two) but nope. I cleared out some forsworn and hagravens and then I went back outside and waited for an hour. Then he shows up. :eyeroll: At least he helped with a dragon today. And I've got plenty of loot. But since followers are so useless I basically put everything but the occasional better gear into the magic knapsack. :shrug:

06 Jan 2024 19:02 #48787 by Valence
Cheaty magic knapsack! :shakefist:

*continues to dream about the subscription-only craft bag*

06 Jan 2024 19:50 #48788 by Charlotte
:shrug: You can do a bunch of other stuff with magic so I figure it's not too "un-lore-friendly" to have a magic backpack. (And you can carry way more than a real person ever could, anyway, even before the cheaty magic stuff...)

06 Jan 2024 20:03 #48789 by Charlotte
That bard in Markarth (Ogmund?) is quite impressive. He's singing and playing the flute simultaneously. :aha:

06 Jan 2024 20:29 #48790 by Valence
Lisette in Solitude is still the best Bard for me. :stare:
Even though she sounds exactly like Lydia... if Lydia could sing. :dry:

And all this holiday travelling in ESO finally allowed me to hear the bards voiced by Malukah and they're probably the best ones in that game. I do still find myself humming Red Diamond and Planemeld Is Nigh even when not playing the game. :lol: