May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

29 Dec 2023 19:05 #48581 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I never use the game bar thing and I didn't get anything in the pics folder in spite of having windows 11. (Also, trying to paste the clipboard did not work.) I guess I must be a muggle. :(

I'll just have to remember F12 next time I feel like being killed by a troll. :dry:

Meanwhile I am doing some slight variations to the default Honeyside decorations.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2023 20:58 #48583 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Accidentally stole something else today in full view of everyone. :oops:

I went to talk to a merchant and just as I was pressing the necessary key they quickly sidestepped out of the crosshair and I picked up the thing that was behind them. Sadly the guard didn't want to hear this likely story.
And it seems like the bounty levels with the player. My newbie mage only had to pay 6 gold but elf woman just had to hand over 98. :pout:

I also had a go on recent freebie Art Of Rally. After launching it asked for my country and language and blood type. Erm... What? :lol:
I don't actually know but I'm sure it doesn't matter. :)

When I claimed it I mentioned that it could be fun if it had ghosts and online leaderboards. And apparently it does. :cheer:
I say "apparently" because they don't work.
It seems the influx of new Epic players has overwhelmed the servers. :shrug:

Of course you can still play without them and it still looks fun but, like most rally games, it is a little "drifty" which is not my favourite style of driving. Not that I'm good at ANY style of driving. :giggle:

29 Dec 2023 22:39 #48585 by Charlotte
Speaking of Epic, today's giveaway is snakebirds. Which looks kind of like fuzzy worms to me, and I don't think it's my kind of game. Tomorrow's still unknown but the wrapping paper is featuring either disco balls or Alfapet. Not entirely sure which.

30 Dec 2023 00:31 #48588 by Valence

When I claimed it I mentioned that it could be fun if it had ghosts and online leaderboards. And apparently it does. :cheer:
I say "apparently" because they don't work.
It seems the influx of new Epic players has overwhelmed the servers. :shrug:

And the leaderboards were back! :)
For a brief moment. :dry:

Long enough for me to see that I was about 18,700th on the first time trial. :S

Oversteer is always an option. :aha:

30 Dec 2023 16:45 - 30 Dec 2023 16:46 #48592 by Charlotte
I'm not sure why, but every time I have to fight that guy in Markarth who's meant to "scare me off" from asking questions, the guards turn hostile and arrest me. I got off by paying 40 gold bounty and then I walked into the mine, past the guards and picked the lock to the evidence room, and to the evidence chest and then I stole some potions and money bags for good measure and then I walked out again. :dry:

Those guards aren't particularly good. One even saw me in the evidence room and just turned his back to guard the already opened door... :facepalm:

And today's Epic Freebie is Saint's Row. I'm not sure if it contains word puzzles or disco balls. But tomorrow's game is definitely for New Years Eve because it says 31 on the paper. :aha:

30 Dec 2023 16:56 #48593 by Valence
Already have two Saints Row freebies so another one can be added to the collection. :)
Although I do recall fans of the older games hating this newer one.

Some people have put together a list of rumours, leaks or wishful thinking and they say tomorrow's may be Ghostrunner and that the later ones after that may include A Plague Tale (again) and Guardians Of The Galaxy. Or maybe not. :shrug:

30 Dec 2023 17:29 #48594 by Charlotte
I didn't even know there was a guardians of the galaxy game... :dumb:

30 Dec 2023 19:24 #48599 by Charlotte
I just received a letter from Mulush (the miners' overseer in Markarth) thanking me for killing a guy. :blink: Unfortunately I think I've killed some 6 people since we talked so I'm not entirely sure which one he's referring to, though as two of them were women I guess that narrows it down some. :dumb:

30 Dec 2023 19:57 #48600 by Valence
Poor Mulush. He died during the prison break in my game.

I didn't kill him. :paranoid:
I didn't kill anyone during that. I just stood back and let everyone else create absolute carnage everywhere.
And yet the people of Markarth still seem to blame me for it all. :shrug:

30 Dec 2023 20:11 #48602 by Charlotte
Well, I have once again been stupid enough to get thrown into jail without being strong enough to just kill Madanach rather than release him into the wild... I keep forgetting I have no potions. Then again, I do have that magical backpack into which I've put anything stolen, before being thrown in jail. Just in case. And I'm pretty sure there are potions in that. But that would be [too much] cheating. :nope: