May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

25 Dec 2023 18:31 #48538 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Uh oh.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Dec 2023 20:22 #48540 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Why is heartwood so rare and expensive? :(
And when I say "expensive" I mean "expensive during the festivals" which, of course, is when everyone needs it for the writs.
Pesky supply and demand. :shakefist:

:pout:

Yeah, as if I'm gonna spend nearly half a million on some bits of wood. If I even had that much gold. :dry:
Other guilds had smaller stacks at even higher unit costs. 5000 each was the highest I saw.
Didn't buy them either.
Attachments:

26 Dec 2023 15:18 #48548 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Bits of wood don't grow on trees you know 

26 Dec 2023 15:25 #48549 by Charlotte
:dry:
Ah... uh, never mind.

26 Dec 2023 22:34 #48551 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
I think Brigid killed the bunnies!

I have a mod that restores the Hall of the Vigilant. Well, I say the mod does it, but really it makes YOU do it. Get more wood! Iron! We need glass now! And horns, lots of goat horns. Don't forget straw. And a bit of gold. More iron! More wood. More iron again! :argh:

Anyway, the vigilants now have a chicken coop which initially had 2 chicken and 2 bunnies. Soon as I went there (of course I was dumb enough to have to enter the pen, which did have a closeable gate) one bunny escaped and I tried closing the gate to prevent the second bunny from escaping but my follower kindly opened it again. He is bosmer after all. :eyeroll: So the bunnies were running around in the area and clearly attempting to get out through the main gate as well, but I did manage to keep that closed while they were near.

However, the newly recruited vigilants kept yelling "that's close enough!" and "last warning!" - I thought it was at me, though when I spoke to them they were friendly enough. Maybe they were afraid they were vampire bunnies? Anyway, I finished restoring the place and came back outside to find the bunnies - both of them - slaughtered on the ground. It might have been the dogs but they made no effort to go after the bunnies previously. And recruit Hilda had only done that yelling about someone being close enough... But Brigid... Brigid just sat there amidst the carnage of bunnies and when I approached she goes "Oh, did you want something?" in a perfectly cool and disinterested voice, like there weren't small fuzzy corpses around her feet.... :paranoid: I do think she killed them. Poor bunnies. :(

The chicken was OK though. No I don't mean the vigilant chickens, I meant the one that bravely tried to scare of a dragon all by itself, in Riverwood. I saw it run straight at the dragon and then I lost sight of it amidst the fighting. But I never found a body and I did see two chicken in the road through the village, later, so I think it was OK. :aha:

27 Dec 2023 00:23 - 27 Dec 2023 00:28 #48552 by Valence
I've also been murdering lots of goats for their horns during recent Skyrim sessions. But for me it's to try and add some light into the cellar at Windstad. It's still darker than my bleak room in ESO. :)

Meanwhile I completed a couple more roads in Death Stranding tonight and even the holograms are getting into the Christmas spirit...

I then just popped over the ridge for the job to retrieve the lost winter clothes and...
How do you accidentally leave your clothes half way up the vertical cliff face of an enormous mountain in the middle of a blizzard?? :shakefist:
Warning: Spoiler!

So that ended up being much harder than the map implied. First of all there was no way to get to the thing even though there was a helpful sign pointing me to the top ledge. But, once there, there was still no way down. I couldn't even reach the useless ladders that were scattered around.
I tried.
I fell. (Thankfully with no cargo to damage.)
I balanced on a terrifying ledge to rock the baby until it stopped crying.
Had to retreat back to the city to get the right equipment and then, after the long walk back to the scene, managed to get down via a poorly dropped ladder and a climbing rope. But then, after grabbing the goods, I couldn't get back up the ladder! Well, I could climb it but there was no safe way to get off at the top. :S
So back down to the rope I went and dismantled the ladder, along with another useless one someone else had dropped, then after much thought I threw another across to the right. It wasn't ideal and didn't take me back to the top but I knew I could jump off that one safely. Well, sort of safely. :dry:
I landed on some soft snow rather than rocks and didn't tumble further and this allowed me to then walk in a very big circle around another mini-mountain-rock to get back to the top and then... I found the perfect spot to drop a climbing anchor which would make ALL the other ladders and ropes completely redundant! :woohoo:

I obviously didn't have to do it cos I already had the cargo at that point but it was important to leave it there just to give me some kind of closure. :lol:
That was satisfying. I climbed up and down several times to check it worked. :)
And then I put down loads of signs in the area pointing to the damn thing.
If that doesn't get any likes I'll be very annoyed. :stare:
Attachments:

27 Dec 2023 11:19 #48553 by Charlotte
Well, people are odd. I mean, dropping a glove without noticing is one thing, but how do so many people seem to lose a shoe on their way home without realising? :hmm:

27 Dec 2023 12:08 #48554 by Valence
That reminds me. Must change mine next time I play.
I'm sick of hearing, "Footwear condition poor. Replacement is advised."
:aha:

27 Dec 2023 13:43 #48555 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Meanwhile I completed a couple more roads in Death Stranding tonight and even the holograms are getting into the Christmas spirit...

27 Dec 2023 20:17 #48556 by Valence
I abandoned the ridiculous half-a-million-heartwood jobs after getting a couple more charity writs that are blacksmithing jobs rather than woodworking. And after doing those I've now cleaned out my supply of Regulus too. :S
Thankfully the guild traders haven't caught on to the possible price-gouging they could do on this too and I managed to grab a small stack at a unit price of only 70 gold. :woohoo:

It's still more gold than I get back from the quest reward but you do get a guaranteed style page and a writ voucher too so I think it's still worth it at that price. :aha: