May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

29 Dec 2023 17:19 #48569 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I tried taking on the troll again. And failed again. And Norton keeps warning me about high CPU usage mid fight. :shakefist: 

And as usual, figuring out where the screenshots are is a chore, with online guides being mostly wrong. And Steam being wrong too. So, the game says to press Alt + F2 to take a screenshot and this opens a panel where you can change a bunch of settings and press "Snap" which I did. But Steam says to press F12. The web says that the best way to find Steam screenshots is to use the View screenshots function in (on?) Steam. That function displays absolutely zero screenies. The settings says they're saved in my Documents folder. There are no screenies there either. So either I failed to take any or they are saved in some other location altogether, that apparently even Steam is unaware of. :shrug: 

I did TRY to take a screenie of the cats, though. But I couldn't take one of petting them because apparently that counted as a cut scene so the Alt+F2 didn't work. Maybe F12 would work, though? :hmm: (I didn't know about that one at the time, but tried PrtScr which apparently did nothing whatsoever.) 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2023 17:43 #48570 by Charlotte
Also, I hate it when I search for guides on how to make mods and end up on pages explaining how to download and install mods already made. :stare:

29 Dec 2023 17:44 - 29 Dec 2023 17:50 #48571 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
If you are taking screenshots in any Steam game, it's usually F12. When you close the game it normally automatically opens the screenshot viewer if you have taken any during that game session. You can open the folder through Steam by going to the view menu and selecting screenshots, in the window that opens (Screenshot Manager) there's an open folder on disc icon which will open the folder in Explorer.

EDIT - The ALT+F2 is probably the games own camera mode, so it may replace the Steam screenshot function.

29 Dec 2023 17:59 #48572 by Charlotte
Uhm, yes. And I have no screenshots. :dry:

29 Dec 2023 18:00 #48573 by Banj
Then you didn't take any 

29 Dec 2023 18:03 #48574 by Charlotte
I am aware. But I DID use the in-game screenshot function. It's annoying. And also an explanation as to why I still don't have any cats to show Val. Important stuff. :pout:

29 Dec 2023 18:22 #48575 by Banj
Maybe you're a muggle and just can't do screenshots 

29 Dec 2023 18:30 #48576 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
If you pressed PrntScrn then open up an image editor and select New file from clipboard.
Or create an empty file that's the same size as your screen and then paste.

That ..erm... sometimes works. :dry:
Or you could use the XBox gamebar thing.

29 Dec 2023 18:35 #48578 by Banj
In Windows 11 Print screen automatically saves a png in a screenshots folder in the default pictures folder.

29 Dec 2023 18:54 #48579 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
In order to save it in Windows 10 you have to press Print Screen and... something else. ALT maybe? and then it annoyingly opens up another silly little app that messes up your game if you're playing in exclusive full screen mode. :eyeroll:

I just stick to F12 and if the game/launcher doesn't behave then I use the Gamebar thing. :aha: