May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

07 Jan 2024 21:29 - 07 Jan 2024 21:29 #48805 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I do wish the Kynesgrove Wayshrine would point me north when I arrive like the event portal does. Too many times I've mindlessly strolled off southwards before remembering that Breda is the other way. :dumb:

Anyway tonight I was creeping about in the dark lower regions of the docked ship stealing ten things for the endeavours to get my 10 seals and 2000XP. Sneaking. Silently. Unseen. :paranoid:
Right, that's nine things nabbed, just one more. This handful of barley will do. Silently. Unseen. :paranoid:
And that 2000XP bonus tipped me over the threshold for levelling up. The big golden light shines on me from above. "Ha haaaa!" My character shouts. "Yay! Woooooo!" before standing up and applauding loudly.
Silently. Unseen. :paranoid:
Let's run for it just in case... :brb:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2024 11:09 #48806 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I did wonder about that. Do you see when other people level up? I found that loud shouting so annoying. And embarrassing. And if I remember correctly I also felt that my chosen voice doesn't really suit my character, but I didn't care for the voice selections (I can only remember male and female but I think there was pitch or something too? Or was that another game.... oh, right that was Hogwarts. :hmm: Probably can't remember the ESO voices at all, then.... :dumb: )

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Jan 2024 12:44 #48807 by Valence
In not 100% sure about seeing people level up. I've seen people suddenly light up in that way without the shouting but there are other in-game things that do that like scrolls and potions so it was more likely to be those animations. But if I ever do see someone levelling I will cheer along with them to make them feel OK about it. :)
One of the things I like about the game is that you can see what other players are doing when they occasionally stop running around everywhere. When they look at the map you see the characters pull out the map, you can see them adjusting their clothes when they change their outfit and they rummage around in a bag when they manage their inventory. It adds a touch of immersive interest and makes the place feel a bit more alive.

There are a selection of voices in the character creation. They were just listed in a drop down menu and labelled with letters rather than descriptions so it was a bit tedious having to go through every one to try them out. I think there was about seven or eight options for each race/sex. :hmm:

10 Jan 2024 00:24 - 10 Jan 2024 00:30 #48820 by Valence
I saved another player from certain death today. :)
We were all rampaging across the Starved Plain in search of mass murder and wanton death. Well, I was. Maybe they were just doing the quest there. :dry:
Anyway some poor soul seemed to panic during a fight and tried to run away which only lured some more spectres resulting in them being ambushed and surrounded by four of them and I could see the health bar diminishing before my eyes so I leapt to the rescue with my spinning tornado blade attack followed by some flurry and siphoning to heal them. Then I posed and stared at them in a self-satisfied way amidst the bodies. :lol:
Until another spectre walked by. No time for gloating. :pirate:

I also played a bit with my warden character today. I haven't done much with that one cos she's with the Covenant faction and I've already done that opening area with the fat guy so I tend to just keep her near the bank to carry things for the moment. However one endeavour today was to get a new Mundus Stone bonus (the equivalent of Skyrim's standing stone effects) and she's the only character that didn't have one so it was easiest to get it with her. Of course I had to have a few little fights on the journey there and I'd forgotten how much I like that combat style of Bow combined with Animal Attacks. It's good fun sniping from a distance and then sending the diving cliff racers to do most of the damage before the baddies even get close to you. I think she's now got enough points for the Shalk summoning too. I should use this character more. :)

Edit: However I should add that I still don't understand the Volley attack with the bow. Aiming that big circle is tricky from the low viewpoint I like to have and I can never time the mouseclick to hit anything. :shrug:
Stick to the cliff racer, I say. :aha:

10 Jan 2024 07:30 #48822 by Charlotte
Well, sounds like you had a little time for gloating.... :dry:

10 Jan 2024 20:48 #48829 by Valence

I also played a bit with my warden character today...
...I should use this character more. :)

So I took my own advice and continued my murderous rampage with my warden and her bow. And then I almost got caught in one of those surrounding ambushes too. :blush:
One downside of the bow is that you end up running backwards as the enemies approach and don't see the other enemies that are respawning behind you and sure enough I found myself in a fight with a mob of five of them closing in from all directions.
And there was no one who wanted to save me and gloat. :eyeroll:
No matter. I didn't die and managed to save myself but my health did get perilously low. So I have ignored that Shalk Attack and have instead invested points in the power to raise a healing mushroom patch. :)

12 Jan 2024 20:01 #48852 by Valence
I got around to claiming that free room in Vulkhel Guard for my mage and it's ..erm... small . :unsure:

I eagerly burst through the front door and immediately hit my face against the back wall. :dry:
It looks like one of those apartments in London that only cost three million quid.

Not quite sure what I'll be able to put in it but maybe the elf woman can craft some more lights to make it feel bigger.
Attachments:

12 Jan 2024 20:31 #48853 by Charlotte
Can you get one of those stand up sleeping coffins? They save floor space. :dunno:

12 Jan 2024 21:38 #48854 by Valence
Looking through the all the bedding options... No. :stare:
But there is this  Comfortable Looking Thing.  :blink:

I think the only thing that would suit the small room is the  Military Stretcher.  :lol:

13 Jan 2024 09:43 #48855 by Charlotte
I think I'd prefer the stretcher even if I had more room... that other thing looks like a conveyor belt for blood sacrifices. :dry: