May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

11 Jun 2023 19:45 - 11 Jun 2023 19:48 #45822 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I believe there was an X Box event where they revealed a load of game trailers. There was a Playstation event recently that did the same as well as far as I recall.

EDIT - There's another year to wait for the game to come out anyway, so you have plenty of time to see the trailer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2023 20:03 - 11 Jun 2023 21:20 #45823 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Not that I'll be playing these games anyway. The completely unoptimised VRAM requirements of recent stuff is far beyond my sad thing, but I still like to dream while watching them. :lol:
I'll now get back to my 15 year old Elder Scrolls game to see if I can un-over-encumber myself. :dumb:

11 Jun 2023 20:04 - 11 Jun 2023 23:12 #45824 by Valence
....see if this one works...

...and this?

EDIT: and I've successfully managed to move in Oblivion. :cheer:
Had a look through my inventory and found another version of the armour I was wearing that magically boosted my strength and carry weight. So once I was wearing that I walked back down to Bruma, waited for the shops to open and went to Skjorta's place to sell a few things, like swords I no longer need and heavy armour that I don't like and that crappy shield that's not as good as that one I saw in the Blades barracks. But then noticed that she sells some great outfits. Should I just spend everything again? :lol:
I'll never have enough for a house at this rate. But she did have a version of that stolen shirt of mine so I might just buy that and dump the stolen one somewhere so that maybe the guards won't shout "Criminal Scum!" at me any more. Of course they will cos I've still got a couple of other stolen things but... :shrug:

12 Jun 2023 07:25 #45825 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Starfield looks nice, though seems more like a shootery shooter than Skyrim (I like using a bow :dry: ) - I hope to get it some day but I suspect I too need a new computer first.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Jun 2023 14:27 #45826 by Valence
As long as it's "proper" shooty rather than the heavily stat-based shooty stuff that keeps frustrating me in Fallout and Mass Effect. The other gameplay video also hinted at some space magic stuff too.
But like you, I won't be playing it on my PC unless it's available on those cloud gaming things.

Meanwhile, during my successful attempt to get back into Oblivion, I ended up installing another mod. :oops:
Nothing too fancy, just something to make the camera work more like Skyrim. And while I was browsing over there I noticed that, unlike Skyrim where the Creation Kit is only available on Steam, Oblivion's Construction Set is available to download from Nexusmods. And some other places too.

I haven't downloaded it yet but I may think about having a look at it sometime. :hmm:

12 Jun 2023 14:45 #45827 by Charlotte
I might too!
Though first I'd have to get around to reinstalling Oblivion. I'm not sure why it's not installed just because I added those DLC's as they need to be installed separately anyway. :hmm:

Ans while yet again being at home with pain a little all over the place, I have been playing Foundation (not Founders' Fortune) and it's not a very good game name for googling issues.... :dry: I get things like "foundations of manufacturing" or investments instead of information about why my warehouses stock up on stuff but don't send it back out again, so that the manufacturers can't use it. :stare:

12 Jun 2023 19:53 - 12 Jun 2023 19:54 #45829 by Valence
I'm in prison. :(

Well at least I don't have to worry about the guards shouting Criminal Scum at me now that they're confiscated all my stolen goodies. Assuming I eventually get out. Obviously.
But don't worry, it's all part of a plan and I'm sure it'll pay off in the end. :paranoid:

And before this I had to make a quick detour to YouTube to relearn how to pick locks. :dumb:
Yeah, yeah. Listen for the little "tink, tink" sounds etc. etc. I remember now. :eyeroll:

Oh, and I've got a mysterious note. :ohmy:
What does it say?
"I don't know. I just deliver them."
OK, calm down. It was a rhetorical question. :dry:
Attachments:

12 Jun 2023 20:03 #45830 by Valence
And more game trailers...

12 Jun 2023 20:21 #45831 by Charlotte
Much as I'd like to experience Pandora, I'd like to do it by myself, and not through a trailer that seemingly reveals every biome and creature and at least the first half of your story... I thought those reveal-too-much-trailers were a thing of the past but apparently that's only for movies.
*stops video about a third in*

12 Jun 2023 20:30 #45832 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming