May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

16 Jun 2023 14:56 #45866 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I got AI suggestions a couple of weeks ago.
They were turned off immediately. :stare:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2023 15:56 #45867 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
"Do you need AI to enhance your brai.... experience?"

:paranoid:

(Hasn't happened to me yet - but there's been an awful lot of news about how AI can bring about our destruction and we need to start setting up rules and laws NOW and how politicians don't understand the threat it poses (says the developers but they don't stop developing) and how Google would have postponed their AI services if others weren't already launching theirs but now they have no choice but to launch them before they'd have liked to and it's all soo soo bad.... and then other news took over. :dumb: )

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Jun 2023 16:15 #45868 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Attachments:

16 Jun 2023 16:49 #45869 by Valence
:lol:
That's much worse than anything I was getting.
Which browser is this one?

16 Jun 2023 16:52 #45870 by Banj
Opera GX.

16 Jun 2023 16:52 #45871 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Looks kind of like "Teams"... Seems an AI would be overqualified for the task.... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Jun 2023 16:55 #45872 by Valence
I use Opera ... for now at least. :paranoid:
I obviously must have turned it off before it had chance to pop up in that way. :)

16 Jun 2023 17:03 - 16 Jun 2023 17:07 #45873 by Banj
That window pops up as soon as you highlight some text, there's another button next to the search bar. It might also be slightly different between the regular version of Opera and the GX version 

EDIT - I just clicked one of the options to see what would happen and a chatgpt window opened and asked me to sign in  ... Now disabled 

16 Jun 2023 17:16 #45874 by Valence
Yeah, it was the search bar where I first saw it and freaked out. It didn't last any longer than that. :)

16 Jun 2023 22:29 - 16 Jun 2023 23:27 #45876 by Valence
Yes! :stare:
It's time to look serious in my furry hat cos I've gone through an Oblivion Gate.

OVER AN HOUR LATER...

This may have been a bad decision now that I'm thinking about it. :hmm:
My fur hat is ruined, my other armour is getting pretty ropey, my collection of health poitions is rapidly diminishing, I've had to repair my sword twice and I have no repair hammers left and my sword is in need of repair again. I did pick up a Dremora Mace a while back but it was far too heavy and I couldn't move, so I had to leave it with the body of the Dremora Churl.
I have got to the tower and have been ascending for the past 40 minutes but I don't know how far I am from the top and now I'm resorting to the wonderful tactic of "just running past things" while repeatedly spamming my Heal Minor Wounds spell and now, as well as the pesky Scamps and the Churls, there are far too many of these smaller towers with the spinny top that shoots fire at me and....
It may not have been a good decision to come here.

Should have come with two swords and more repair hammers. :unsure:

EDIT: ANOTHER HALF HOUR OF RUNNING LATER.

I'm finally back in the real world and on my way home again...

...back in normal clothes too and wearing my utterly useless fur hat now that I don't need it to protect me in a fight.

*bumps into two errant Scamps that survived the gate closure*

:dry: :pirate:

Anyway after that unexpected fight I'm now on my way home again. Again. :oops:
Didn't really get as much loot as I'd hoped (especially as I had to leave the mace behind) but I did grab some gold along the way and a couple of magic scrolls. At one point I did find some splendid Burgundy Linens that were partially fire-resistant but I quickly died and they didn't respawn on the next reload. :pout:
But I did get the Sigil Stone of course. Once I got up there it took four attempts to grab it. Another nasty little Dremora (not the seven that I ran past :brb:) kept killing me before the gate collapsed. :eyeroll:
And now I'm left with the bill to repair and replace everything. It's gonna cost a fortune! :pout:
But I think I'll just be able to ditch the sword and grab a new one back at the Blades barracks. Could probably get some free armour too but it won't be the magic stuff I was wearing. And I haven't tried enchanting yet so I'll just have to cough up the gold and repair it.
Oh, and I think I need a sleep too. :excited: :zzz:
Although that's not always a good thing in Oblivion because of the way that the baddies seem to level up better than you do. :unsure:

Attachments: