April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

23 Sep 2021 14:13 - 23 Sep 2021 14:16 #36776 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Trying to find some Jazbay in Skyrim is the toughest "flower picking" quest I've experienced. :confident:
Managed to steal and buy some from various alchemists but never found it in the wild. Yet. :)

Edit: And the easiest one is Nirnroot and all Skyrim players know why. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2021 14:48 #36777 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I decided to give Black Desert one more go. Yesterday I made a "seasonal" character, that can apparently only be played in season.... whatever that means. So today I decided to make a trial one, instead. After all, I am playing on a 14 day trial. But apparently trial characters are level 60 from the get go and basically only for trying out some stuff? And I can't move the character to another type of character slot. Do they have good old, regular, permanent characters?

I thought it was silly enough that they apparently have a male and a female class for everything instead of the ability to choose male or female of say, warrior class. And they don't list them "in order" either, so the female equivalent of e.g. warrior (whatever that is) can be anywhere among the 22 classes.

I'm getting annoyed :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Sep 2021 15:52 #36778 by Valence
The two characters I made were permanent. I think. :dry:
At least they were still there the last time I had a go on it, which admittedly was a while back now.

How far are you getting in the quests? I think the last thing I remember doing was a raid on a castle and an odd fishing quest that I put off because hundreds of other people were queuing up at the waters edge to do the same quest.

23 Sep 2021 16:30 #36779 by Charlotte
Uh, I'm still on the learning the ropes bit. Killed some trees. I don't really like killing things that don't fight back. Well, the imps were a bit pesky. And I don't like how you "learn things about things" by killing them. Also, I had some sort of combo video lesson pop up and ruin my fighting completely. While that was open, mouse button attacks didn't work at all, only number keys.

oh and yes, THIS time when I logged in with my first character, there was a bit of info at the top of the screen saying that seasonal characters were made permanent when the season ended. Seems a redundancy, when they could just have ordinary character slots to begin with.

Anyway, I think my character is level 6. :p

23 Sep 2021 16:56 #36780 by Valence
Yes, I remember a lot of imp killing too. :lol:
I also recall a few boss battles where you had to go to a specific place and "summon" the boss to appear. But of course, everyone else was summoning bosses too and it was rather confusing trying to work out which was "my" boss. :dry:

23 Sep 2021 18:30 #36781 by Charlotte
I think I remember you mentioning that....
I noticed you can "turn off" other players in your settings. Or was it just their battle effects? Not sure if that turns off their bosses too. Or would that mean a potential truckload of invisible bosses suddenly attacking you? :S

23 Sep 2021 21:17 #36782 by Valence
Turning off other people? :woohoo:
That would be nice. :)
Usually those settings in MMOs just turn off the chat.

Anyway, get picking those flowers, Geralt!
Yes, I know that's the wrong one but pick it anyway. :dry:

I'm sure it may come in handy sometime like those thousands of Fools Parsley leaves that I've acquired in the last 30 minutes. :S

Attachments:

24 Sep 2021 16:10 - 24 Sep 2021 16:38 #36787 by Charlotte
Stupid crabsquid broke my seamoth! :shakefist:

EDIT: and in case anyone needs to know: Do not play with cuddlefish while skittish cat is sitting behind the lap top, watching the screen from above.... All cats explode, if you do this. :confident:

25 Sep 2021 20:31 #36813 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Stupid finger just broke the trigger off of my controller! 

25 Sep 2021 21:04 #36815 by Charlotte
:paranoid: