April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

21 Sep 2021 11:47 #36709 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
An online MMO called Black Desert (from Pearl Abyss) is offering a 14 day free trial with a chance to get a permanent free game pass if you can level a character to level 50 before October 13th. I don't know anything about the game - they just drew me in with the custom character creation ads over at Nexus Mods... :dry:

It does require over 40 GB of space, though... *ponders if she can get rid of something else as she only has 50 gigs free at this time*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Sep 2021 12:27 #36710 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
BDO was given away free a while back, Valence was playing it earlier in this thread at one point. It's a very Japanese style RPG.

21 Sep 2021 12:47 #36713 by Charlotte
given away as in permanent passes or free trial? :dry:

I'm currently installing all those gigabunnies, I'm guessing it will be a while before I can check it out.
And I can't recall anything Val might have said about it. All his various games kind of blend into one, for me... :dumb:

21 Sep 2021 13:02 #36717 by Banj
I don't know what exactly they gave away in terms of access. I never installed it or payed it. We'll have to wait for Valence to tell us about his further adventures as Not-Gandalf.

21 Sep 2021 13:11 #36721 by Charlotte
Yeah, I looked at the class info on their site and they have a very Gandalfy looking wizard which reminded me of Val's attempts to make a Gandalfy wizard. He didn't do quite as well, if I remember correctly. Or maybe he wasn't going for Gandalfy... Anyway, I'll get to try their character creation tools in a week or so... Currently at 3% installed.

21 Sep 2021 14:01 #36729 by Banj
I don't understand how Steam calculates time. They appear to work from a different kind of clock to me.

So by yesterday evening I had played the game for 10.2 hours for a total of 9.6 hours, but only played it for 9 hours... 
Attachments:

21 Sep 2021 14:25 - 21 Sep 2021 14:26 #36730 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Black Desert does indeed have fantastic character creation tools, probably the best of any game, even if you do often end up with that purple haired anime girl...

...but I eventually did make a not-Gandalf too...

The graphics and the world are lovely, the combat is dynamic and fun but the storytelling/communication is dreadful. Many times I was just following the quest markers with no idea of what I was supposed to be doing or why. Also the game does apparently become a PvP pay-to-win battle towards the end but I didn't get anywhere near that stage before giving up.
Attachments:

21 Sep 2021 15:46 #36737 by Charlotte
...or 8.3?

BD is at 13% now... :dry:

21 Sep 2021 16:17 #36740 by Banj

...or 8.3?

At this rate I'll find that I never played it at all 

21 Sep 2021 16:37 #36741 by Charlotte
Maybe it was all a dream....