May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

08 Sep 2021 19:59 #36493 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2021 20:27 #36494 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I took another photo. But not of a fire.

*hears noise*

:paranoid:
Attachments:

09 Sep 2021 11:29 #36499 by Charlotte
Today I couldn't resist buying a kind of random mount thingy in Guild Wars 2. After the fact, I realised I don't actually have any mounts. What I got from the item was a SKIN. I kind of hate skins. They're so confusing. Like, they're usually BOTH items and a look you can attach to any item. It wasn't too long ago I realised that he skin items basically let you use that skin "for free", whereas just attaching the appearance of the skin costs a transmutation charge (I think that's the name of the thingy you have to "pay" with). But I digress. I decided to look up how to actually acquire a mount. Apparently you have to do certain quests in a certain chapter. And to get the one that the skin I "won" seems to belong to, there's even more to do. It seems difficult and like it'd take a looong loong time. But on the other hand, it would give me a bit more purpose in GW2 now that I haven't played it in so long that I can hardly remember what I'm supposed to do... :hmm:

Oh and I bought that random mount skin thingy with gems I purchased ages ago, so no real loss, really.

09 Sep 2021 11:52 #36501 by Valence
I always felt a bit envious of people riding around on things in Guild Wars. :)
And in Black Desert too. I would often see people race past on some elaborate creature followed by an army of scuttling pets. But in MMOs all the good stuff seems to cost real money. :dry:

I have now abandoned my Skyrim ENB antics (for now at least.) I managed to reclaim those lost frames by reducing the resolution to 720 but I still couldn't get get the pallette right, the sun rays wouldn't work for me and then the depth of field started glitching. :eyeroll:
So I got rid of it and instead tweaked the settings of my Imaginator mod to try and mimic that better lighting I saw in the ENB. Also I treated myself to some better mountain textures which do work and with no performance drop. :)

And in terms of gameplay I am now no longer in constant danger of being over-encumbered. Back at my Riverside Cottage, with all of its storage, I decided to systematically go through my entire inventory to see what was slowing me down and it seems I was (somehow) carrying over 150 unnecessary potions that I have no intention of ever using. :blink:
So into the chest they go! :stare:

09 Sep 2021 11:56 #36502 by Charlotte
Yeah. The mounts themselves don't actually cost money, but you need the Path of Fire expansion to access the quests that gets you the mounts. That said, I already have that expansion, so... :p

09 Sep 2021 18:05 #36513 by Valence
Oooh, Nioh is free on Epic this week.... if you have plenty of free space on your hard drive. :dry:
Also looks like one of those games that'll be too difficult for me. :P
But even so, oooh. :)

09 Sep 2021 21:36 #36528 by Valence

10 Sep 2021 11:25 #36531 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
PS5s, only two there are... no more... no less. A slim one, and one with a disc drive. 

10 Sep 2021 13:03 - 10 Sep 2021 13:03 #36532 by Charlotte
and none at all around here... :dry:

10 Sep 2021 13:18 #36533 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Because only two there is