April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

14 Sep 2021 14:00 #36592 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
..since the world's been turning... :aha:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2021 12:40 #36619 by Charlotte
Yesterday I decided I didn't want to lose all my progress in case of death so I decided to restart my game and play survival mode, again. I never play these to the finish (the deeper places are creepy and I kind of mostly like the base building anyway and I'm sure I've said this before probably more than once...)

Anyway, I'm now trying to build a new base. I'm just so terribly bad at deciding where and what shape etc. Should I make it really big? Should I keep it as small as possible? Can I get that nice view without obscuring it with a bunch of other rooms? :hmm:
I have decided where, after getting distracted by quite a bit of salvaging. But the layout? If I want bulkhead doors between areas, I need to build corridors, but I always felt the bases get too sprawling anyway and the corridors just add a whole lot of walking.... :dry:

16 Sep 2021 13:09 #36620 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
The problem with building a large elaborate base is that the performance of the game deteriorates dramatically. It really struggles to handle anything complex and doesn't like lots of windows.

16 Sep 2021 13:53 #36624 by Charlotte
:dry:
I probably never built it quite that big....

The main problem for me is usually that I want a nice view which means topography which means I end up not being able to build as planned.... Currently I keep getting a more and more convoluted layout with the occasional room I don't even know what to use for. But I can probably always use them for storage... :dry:

17 Sep 2021 18:15 #36647 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Where's Hugo?? :dunno:

Warning: Spoiler!

I also had another go at installing a Skyrim ENB preset and this one looked better. :)
But the framerate went down to 17! :ohmy:
So that one's gone as well now.
It did have a lovely sun glare effect though so I wondered if it would still work if I just copied that particular texture into the folder without the rest of the frame killing effects and files.... and it worked! :blink:
For now. :paranoid:
Attachments:

17 Sep 2021 18:49 #36648 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

It did have a lovely sun glare effect though so I wondered if it would still work if I just copied that particular texture into the folder without the rest of the frame killing effects and files.... and it worked! :blink:
For now. :paranoid:

It worked... until the sun set, then it stopped working for some reason 

17 Sep 2021 19:15 #36649 by Charlotte
:dry:

17 Sep 2021 19:26 #36650 by Valence
Considering the success I usually have when I start fiddling with mods it'll probably still be glaring through the night as well. :dry:

17 Sep 2021 20:00 #36651 by Charlotte
But it'll be a very lovely moon glare effect, then :)

My mission to clean up the oceans of 4546B continues. I don't think I have ever had so much titanium in my lockers... I started out by doing a fairly neat looking combo of the ordinary in game locker (30 slots), and added a crate underneath (mod, 48 slots) and another locker to the side (mod, 48 slots). But when those filled up I had to add another crate. And another. And another.... :dry: And that last one is almost full, now.

But I'm super sleepy now, so I think I'll head to bed unusually early. I need to get myself over to Aurora to stop all the radioactive stuff (and get the PRAWN suit), but that'll have to wait for another day.

18 Sep 2021 11:34 #36655 by Valence
You can never have enough storage. :aha:

Meanwhile I have finally defeated The Commander in Lords Of The Fallen! :woohoo:
So after looting his body now I can hide behind that massive shield too.

Unsurprisingly it's nowhere near as effective when I use it. :dry:
And it's been so long since I made any progress in this game that I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing. :dumb:
Oh, yeah, I have to find the wounded Kaslo. Maybe I should go up these stairs.... and there's another guy with a massive shield. :eyeroll:
Would be nice if there was something more to do other than relentless dodge-rolling combat. 
Attachments: