March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

21 Sep 2021 21:45 #36752 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
It'd be just like playing a new game for the first time! :woohoo:

I'd quite like to have my memory of some great games erased so I could play them again for "the first time". :aha:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Sep 2021 15:26 #36761 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Not sure what I think of Black Desert. My arm aches after all the slide-pulling during character creation and I still don't know what some of them were for. The poses you could customise and save? Not a fan of the UI of the game either. I don't like it when I have to press a button for things to be still so I can press other buttons. I found my inventory by pressing I (same as GW2) but I haven't found the icon on screen... And my fireball attack takes about 25 seconds or so? Well, Gandalf wants another nap so I'm not playing, at the moment...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

22 Sep 2021 15:50 #36762 by Valence
I remember the interface being horribly cluttered. And back when I played it you could only reconfigure it after you'd got to level 7, which was rather odd. :dry:

22 Sep 2021 16:51 - 22 Sep 2021 16:55 #36763 by Charlotte
I've been looking at character screenshots. Everyone seem to have such pretty and fairly natural looking hair. My character's hair doesn't look natural at all, it looks like layers of semitransparent textures. :dry: I tried to google the issue but the stuff I found was from 5 years ago - a discussion about whether computer prestanda and graphic settings affected this, but I think some people said that some people had the issue and some people didn't, even with the exact same setup. And I don't even know if that was the same issue as mine. Maybe I just chose the wrong hairdo. The eyes were kind of weird too - I wanted brown eyes, but could only get very pale ones. Until I realised that what they called "lens" was part of the iris - then I could go slightly darker but still not get what I wanted. Anyway, I'm still divided regarding whether I should even give the game another shot or just get rid of it straight away.

Edit:

I pretty much took this screenshot by accident but anyway it's the only one I have so far. And the hair doesn't look absolutely awful in this one but not very good either. 

Attachments:

22 Sep 2021 19:00 #36765 by Valence
Today I learned the word "Prestanda" :cheer: :thumbup:

I never had an issue with performance and graphics, (or indeed, hair) but then I was playing it on NVidia's PCs at a data centre hundreds of miles away so I don't know about this issue. :)
I think it is a game that's easy to give up on, the only thing that kept me coming back to it was the nice visuals and the landscapes, but it was a bit awkward trying to explore with all the other players charging around screaming, "Hyaaaaa!"

22 Sep 2021 19:34 #36766 by Charlotte
uhm, prestanda is Swedish, isn't it? :blush:

Anyway that reminds me of all the time I accidentally clicked something and the character promptly started waving her staff and catching on fire or stuff... She probably screamed Hyaaa several times, too.... :dry:

22 Sep 2021 20:21 - 23 Sep 2021 14:07 #36767 by Valence
Hmm, a merchant sat smoking a pipe with two comatose men sprawled on the floor. :blink:

What could be going on here? :hmm:
What will this man say to me to explain himself, I wonder...

"Care for a game of Gwent?"
Of course. :stare:

He was rubbish too. :)
Then I was off doing some more sword-related things, hunting down a monster that's up in a high cave that I can't reach.
Geralt mumbles something about smoking it out with a bomb.
But I can't reach. :dunno:
Apparently you can throw bombs as well as just planting them in nests. Apparently.
So just let me systematically press lots of buttons to find out exactly how you do that. :oops:
Nope, not Aard/Igni/whatever. Not take out/put away sword. Or the other sword. Not crossbow. Not magic lamp or torch.
Hmmm.
Oh, wait, do I equip the bomb in a pocket slot first like with the torch/lamp. Yeah maybe that's it. And now press.
*chucks bomb down at my feet*

BOOOM!!!

Don't worry, I'm still alive. :dry:
I needed the bomb up in that cave, not at my feet. It seems like you have to hold that button to aim.
Let's try again and-

Oh, that was my last bomb. :facepalm:

Attachments:

22 Sep 2021 21:20 #36770 by Charlotte
Aren't you the one who always has a hundred saves to go back to? Like, before you spent all your bombs while experimenting?

22 Sep 2021 21:46 #36772 by Valence
Yes, I do.:giggle:
But it was still annoying.
And even after using the bomb correctly I now have no bombs left. :(

It seems I've been neglecting the crafting element of Witcher 3 gameplay so now I must go a-hunting bomb ingredients which are...
*looks at recipe*
Saltpetre and Celandine flowers.

So the next episode of this story will involve Geralt picking flowers. :)

23 Sep 2021 13:56 #36774 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

So the next episode of this story will involve Geralt picking flowers. :)

Just like in every other RPG ever made.